Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Safety first? Don’t get in your car, you’ll never crash. Don’t drink booze, eat bad food or smoke and there’s a very good chance cancer won‘t get you.

As for lockdowns, we know that complete lockdown probably moves the peak of the virus further into the future. We also know they cause economic devastation which will only manifest itself in years of ill health to come. Now, if we were fighting a single disease with a huge mortality rate that, following lockdown would be over with, they might be a good idea, but only if that was the single Public Health issue we had to deal with.
On p3657 I said what my part of Spain have done in another person's reply to my post.

Do you think this was unnecessary?

209 all settings deaths

37, 489 cases - 27, 545 from England

England cases up 343 on yesterday - which was up 180 on the day before.

Week to week England up 6578 v up 5878 day before & up 4521 day before.

The week to week rise in England is slowing climbing day by day.

1, 335, 485 pillar 1 & 2 tests today - most in quite some time,

Up 304,000 on yesterday and up 678,000 on last week.

So as you see a HUGE number of extra tests - likely many school related.

So the positivity rate very possibly is falling.

Got me. Felt rough Sunday. PCR yesterday and just got the result this morning. Brilliant service has to be said.

Isolation now till next Wednesday, thank god City are away on Saturday!!
Good luck mate. Mine lasted about two weeks. Three nights of sweats and headaches then very tired for about eight days but now much better.

Some very big rises in the North West today. Probably a lot of them school related.

GM though does OK - certainly not more than its recent low share of the percentage.

NORTH WEST up day to day by 1046 to 4506 - highest NW total in 6 or 7 weeks.

GM rises by 359 of that number to 1613 - most in GM since third week of July. Which is in keeping with its low to mid 30s% of the split recently. A bit better than expectations.

Week to Week NW is up from 3186 to 4506 - an even bigger rise of 1320.

GM is up 414 of those from 1199 to 1616. Which is not much over 30% - well below expectations by population. Which is again good with such a big increase.

As you would expect still some hefty week to week rises in GM boroughs.

Not one borough under 100. And Wigan over 200. Closest to Manchester.

Only one borough was down week to week - most were up by a fair chunk.

The only faller was Stockport. Continuing its run of better numbers.

Nobody chose to be on furlough, you sure on that. When I went away in the UK this year half the places couldn't fully open as they couldn't get staff, the reason everywhere was giving was that people were furloughed so didn't want to work. I know people that were furloughed and have had the time of their lives the past year. Granted there were a lot who would have been massively stressed will bills and family commitments, but to a lot it has been one long holiday. Why else would so many people be wishing further lockdowns.
It's a fair point. There was quite a lot of "double bubble" in my area with some people collecting furlough while they did second jobs mostly driving, delivering, building, and farm work. Personally I had no problem with this because it keeps money circulating in the economy and a lot of these youngsters are paid pretty badly in the first place.

Nobody chose to be on furlough, you sure on that. When I went away in the UK this year half the places couldn't fully open as they couldn't get staff, the reason everywhere was giving was that people were furloughed so didn't want to work. I know people that were furloughed and have had the time of their lives the past year. Granted there were a lot who would have been massively stressed will bills and family commitments, but to a lot it has been one long holiday. Why else would so many people be wishing further lockdowns.

Seems a strange comment. if a café/restaurant furloughed staff then they recall that staff when the work starts up again, the staff cant just say no I dont want to come back, keep me on furlough!.

if they cant hire staff to fill there spots then thats probably more down to Brexit then Furlough.

there may still be places in inner cities that are struggling to open due to lack of customers due to remote / furlough. is that what your meaning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.