Coronavirus (2022) thread

I am very pro-vaccinate but have always been opposed to vaccine passports as I just don't think we should be coercing people to make decisions. With the evidence available the choice is very obvious but anything related to someone's own body should be a choice.

The NHS treats alcoholics, drug addicts and the obesity crisis will lead to millions of deaths over the next decade but these are also due to choice. We could therefore ban alcohol and junk food and that would prevent far more deaths than have happened because of COVID yet that never seems to be an option... So really this is actually a political issue and not one found in science or anything.

In any event the proof is in the pudding and the rest of Europe has just gone through an experiment with respect to things like vaccine passports and the proof is they don't work. In some countries case numbers have been been as bad if not worst than here.

Now with mandates it's slightly different in certain settings, you can't really excuse anyone in the NHS not getting vaccinated unless they are exempt. They have a duty to do everything they can to protect patients.
Small point but I think a valid one, you can’t catch alcoholism or obesity.

There are many, many, people who are vaccinated but are opposed to mandatory vaccination and vaccine passports. For me this is a civil liberties issue and so I support people's right to decide. This used to be a very mainstream position to hold but now makes me an anti vaxxer apparently, but hey ho, whatever.

I am the same I tripple jabbed and recomend it to anyone who asks, but do not impose that opinion on people or tell anti vaxer they must have it, it is their choice.

Also I ain't keen on vacine passports here but respect other countries choices.

On madatory vacinations, I don't believe in forcing vacinations upon folk.

Yet unlike yourself I have only met vacinated people that have a similar opinion and never been called a supporter of anti-vaxxers for having a don't vax of you don't want slant.

So in my experience, the "it's a persons right to choose", still seems to be the mainstream view.

On a side I work with a 3 anti-vaxxers two have recently been off with covid, and been rough with it, hasn't changed their opinion though and I had little sympathy mind for their plight.

Last edited:
Small point but I think a valid one, you can’t catch alcoholism or obesity.
Exactly and why I believe the right path is to retain freedom of choice not mandate vaccines to anyone BUT also have consequences - such as restrictions on what those who choose to decline can do - not all the time or forever but certainly if it is deemed a health risk to others doing them during a major outbreak after your choice to decline protection.

This is the only fair way to do the right thing for all people without imposing choices onto any.

Well my partners little fella tested positive after a LFT and we’ve orders PCR tests, he’s only 6 and has had heart issues in the past so we’re both a little concerned about him, seems fine at the minute so fingers crossed. I’ve done 2 LFT’s as has my partner and both negative but I feel like shit today so guessing I’ve probably got it too, glad I’m triple jabbed tbh. Need to get it out of my system before next Sunday as mums birthday and want to see her.

There are many, many, people who are vaccinated but are opposed to mandatory vaccination and vaccine passports. For me this is a civil liberties issue and so I support people's right to decide. This used to be a very mainstream position to hold but now makes me an anti vaxxer apparently, but hey ho, whatever.
Its not just a personal choice being vaccinated is a social responsibility aswel. Not being vaccinated has a major impact on others and society at large.

I know personally of several colleagues/friends who are now reporting less energy,less lung function,and other undesireable side effects,since being jabbed.
If you are more of a couch potato,or in poor health,like much of this forum.....then i agree,the vaccine is the way forward,and should be encouraged.

I keep stating....im not anti vax,im only anti vax for me.And until evidence can be produced that it will not alter or affect my current lifestyle,that choice will not change.
The probably had covid given those are the symptoms of covid and long covid unless you have something to prove the vaccine does that

I've felt like crap since having vaccine
You're not alone,not by a long shot....yet the party line is to put up with it and tell everyone it's the right choice.
I'm nearly 50 years old,but am in great nick through looking after myself with diet and exercise,even the remotest chance i will contract heart/lung or energy issues,from an unproven jab will massively affect my lifestyle and happiness.
Likewise,if the remotest chance should occur....and i contract Covid,i am very content to let my body deal with it,like it has any other virus.

I have not altered my approach to anything since this pandemic kicked off,i havent stopped doing anything i did prior,i mix with the public on transport services everyday,and i go wherever i wish on my days off.
Out of all my fiends and colleagues who have mostly had the vaccine,guess which one of us has never been ill or even tested positive? Obviously i'm hoping it stays that way :-)

Just good luck i suppose....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.