Coronavirus (2022) thread

My eldest, ten, caught it again last week despite only having it back in mid October. Almost twelve weeks to the day, like the thing was planning it all along. She caught it at school, another child who she sits near went off with it a few days before.

No symptoms yet again, but she's passed it to my wife who is now rotten with it. Meanwhile I and our youngest keep testing negative, so my MD is actively encouraging me to get back into the office pronto. Yet we both have sore throats, runny noses and for me, persistent headaches.

The fact that I may still have it but not yet be shedding the virus, or indeed have a different virus all together, doesn't seem to matter to work though, nor does the fact that the school runs, childcare post 3.30 and caring for my isolating wife (she ain't allowed in the kitchen at the best of times!) all fall on me completely in the short term. Previously it was the complete opposite, do what you need to do etc..

It's the bloody inconvenience of it all now more than anything, and I guess that shows also in employers being less understanding as time goes on. Yet that probably is contributing to extending this phase of it.

Five weeks since I had covid and I've developed pretty annoying tinnitus. Lovely. Can't shake the pressure feeling in my ears either. Feels like they need to pop constantly. Anyone else have this experience? Driving me mad.

What you are describing sounds like something called Eustachian Tube Dysfunction. It might be worth Googling the symptoms.

As for the tinnitus, if it persists and you are finding it intrusive, this site is a treasure trove of information that should help you to eventually manage the condition successfully.

It is not an active forum but is far better than those that are, though this one is excellent too:

My eldest, ten, caught it again last week despite only having it back in mid October. Almost twelve weeks to the day, like the thing was planning it all along. She caught it at school, another child who she sits near went off with it a few days before.

No symptoms yet again, but she's passed it to my wife who is now rotten with it. Meanwhile I and our youngest keep testing negative, so my MD is actively encouraging me to get back into the office pronto. Yet we both have sore throats, runny noses and for me, persistent headaches.

The fact that I may still have it but not yet be shedding the virus, or indeed have a different virus all together, doesn't seem to matter to work though, nor does the fact that the school runs, childcare post 3.30 and caring for my isolating wife (she ain't allowed in the kitchen at the best of times!) all fall on me completely in the short term. Previously it was the complete opposite, do what you need to do etc..

It's the bloody inconvenience of it all now more than anything, and I guess that shows also in employers being less understanding as time goes on. Yet that probably is contributing to extending this phase of it.
Your MD sounds like an idiot.

I had covid just after the NY, tested negative after a week and was out of isolation arround the 9th Jan.. About 10 days later i came down with an awful cold type bug runny nose sneezing headaches tiredness and aches. In fact worse than my covid symptoms. Ive had it since Sunday and still not shaken it off. I was concerned that covid had returned somehow, so did another LFT but it was negative. My youngest now has it aswel. So there is something nasty going round. Needless to say January has been rubbish.

I had covid just after the NY, tested negative after a week and was out of isolation arround the 9th Jan.. About 10 days later i came down with an awful cold type bug runny nose sneezing headaches tiredness and aches. In fact worse than my covid symptoms. Ive had it since Sunday and still not shaken it off. I was concerned that covid had returned somehow, so did another LFT but it was negative. My youngest now has it aswel. So there is something nasty going round. Needless to say January has been rubbish.
Same as me, seems having had omicron recently sets you up for these new bugs knocking around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.