Coronavirus (2022) thread

346 all settings deaths - was 359 last week

102,292 cases - up 7966 on yesterday from 94,326 & down 5777 from 108,069 last week

Based on the N Ireland data the biggest group testing positive there is aged 5 to 9. About 8 times as many in that age range as for those over 70 years testing postive in the past week 5489 V 721

Why cases are not translating into high hospital numbers and ventilators are falling. They are down to just 17 in Northern Ireland today. Not been lower since last July.

First off note to the positivity police: this is of interest, rather than of concern. No reason to panic!

It could be than the BA2 omicron variant is becoming a significant part of the reason why cases aren't dropping. If that's the case, we could see a rise, perhaps even a significant rise.

BA2 is currently doubling every 3-4 days here, and reported at low single percentages. In Denmark, it's dominant and they have a *huge* and still rising current caseload, well over double our peak, despite higher vaccination and higher booster rates than us.

No big spike there in deaths and they're removing restrictions, so I presume likewise for health care.

FKBcsyDWYAMT8-B.png
*if* this continues, we'll see a rebound.

*if* the removal of restrictions also causes a rise in transmission or could be quite sharp.

I was wondering about that new Omicron variant. Thanks Roubaix for the explanation.

Do we know if it is different enough that someone who had the original Omicron could get this one too within weeks of the first?

Is this why Gov UK have announced that from next week they are changing the way they record cases to add in second and third re-infections? They are obviously expecting these.

As the data thread shows it looks as if the biggest jump in cases right now (certainly in N Ireland) is in the 5 - 9 year olds who presumably have had no vaccines.They have taken over from the 10 - 14 year olds though these are still high. And the over 70s (most vaccinated) are falling not rising.

This looks very much a school driven outbreak of cases at the moment. Primary school now not secondary. As shown by the constantly falling ventilator numbers (under 500 in England for first time since July today).

Presumably this is going to spread fast and be short lived as a primary school outbreak given how easily it will pass through such a community who are very much into touching and not social distancing.

Five weeks since I had covid and I've developed pretty annoying tinnitus. Lovely. Can't shake the pressure feeling in my ears either. Feels like they need to pop constantly. Anyone else have this experience? Driving me mad.
Annoying and whiney high pitch noise you can't escape. Didn't you get married recently?

First off note to the positivity police: this is of interest, rather than of concern. No reason to panic!

It could be than the BA2 omicron variant is becoming a significant part of the reason why cases aren't dropping. If that's the case, we could see a rise, perhaps even a significant rise.

BA2 is currently doubling every 3-4 days here, and reported at low single percentages. In Denmark, it's dominant and they have a *huge* and still rising current caseload, well over double our peak, despite higher vaccination and higher booster rates than us.

No big spike there in deaths and they're removing restrictions, so I presume likewise for health care.

View attachment 35278
*if* this continues, we'll see a rebound.

*if* the removal of restrictions also causes a rise in transmission or could be quite sharp.
A similar issue with a Delta variant was under scrutiny just prior to Omicron. I'd imagine, as we move forward towards spring, with boosters and ever increasing organic immunity, we're looking at the dying embers of this winters phase and we'll be preparing a strategy for early autumn. Obviously nothing can be completely dismissed but the confidence appears to be as strong as it's ever been, right now.

My son tested positive on Friday and I was negative, same sat, same sunday and Monday. Didn't test Tuesday, today he's negative and I'm positive (and feeling a bit bunged up).

He is staying with me at the min because his mum has health conditions.
He's due to go back to her on Saturday - praying I don't pass it back to him and then him to her.

Can he re-catch it again so quickly from me?

Also praying I'm testing negative for Saturday so I can goto the pub!

My son tested positive on Friday and I was negative, same sat, same sunday and Monday. Didn't test Tuesday, today he's negative and I'm positive (and feeling a bit bunged up).

He is staying with me at the min because his mum has health conditions.
He's due to go back to her on Saturday - praying I don't pass it back to him and then him to her.

Can he re-catch it again so quickly from me?

Also praying I'm testing negative for Saturday so I can goto the pub!
Strictly speaking he needs another negative tomorrow and you shouldn't be looking at going anywhere this weekend, as you will still be within the isolation period.
1. What has changed
The self-isolation advice for people with coronavirus (COVID-19) has changed. It is now possible to end self-isolation after 5 full days if you have 2 negative LFD tests taken on consecutive days. The first LFD test should not be taken before the fifth day after your symptoms started (or the day your test was taken if you did not have symptoms). The self-isolation period remains 10 full days for those without negative results from 2 LFD tests taken a day apart.

Strictly speaking he needs another negative tomorrow and you shouldn't be looking at going anywhere this weekend, as you will still be within the isolation period.
Saturday would be day 9 since my first symptoms on the previous Friday (banging head) so I'm hopeful we will both test negative on Friday and Saturday. Clearly if not I won't go out and risk others health.

But, I've got my lad until Saturday now - just hoping there's no risk of him showing up positive afterwards having got it back off me straight away.

Five weeks since I had covid and I've developed pretty annoying tinnitus. Lovely. Can't shake the pressure feeling in my ears either. Feels like they need to pop constantly. Anyone else have this experience? Driving me mad.
Take a look at ginkgo biloba supplement..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.