Coronavirus (2022) thread

Saturday would be day 9 since my first symptoms on the previous Friday (banging head) so I'm hopeful we will both test negative on Friday and Saturday. Clearly if not I won't go out and risk others health.

But, I've got my lad until Saturday now - just hoping there's no risk of him showing up positive afterwards having got it back off me straight away.
I doubt he could catch it again so soon.

Do we know if it is different enough that someone who had the original Omicron could get this one too within weeks of the first?

Very unlikely I think.

The reinfection change is, I think, to reflect the reality that omicron has immune escape vs earlier variants, not BA2 vs omicron.

Very unlikely I think.

The reinfection change is, I think, to reflect the reality that omicron has immune escape vs earlier variants, not BA2 vs omicron.
We’d all be fucked if you could catch it again that quick, lol.

I‘ve tested a couple of times this week funnily enough, as been really shit with chest infection, sore throat, cough and snot. Far worse than when I had omicron before Xmas. Typical.

346 all settings deaths - was 359 last week

102,292 cases - up 7966 on yesterday from 94,326 & down 5777 from 108,069 last week

Based on the N Ireland data the biggest group testing positive there is aged 5 to 9. About 8 times as many in that age range as for those over 70 years testing postive in the past week 5489 V 721

Why cases are not translating into high hospital numbers and ventilators are falling. They are down to just 17 in Northern Ireland today. Not been lower since last July.
Got to say I'm surprised the number of deaths aren't 250+ higher. Perhaps the new anti Covid drugs are having an effect.

First off note to the positivity police: this is of interest, rather than of concern. No reason to panic!

It could be than the BA2 omicron variant is becoming a significant part of the reason why cases aren't dropping. If that's the case, we could see a rise, perhaps even a significant rise.

BA2 is currently doubling every 3-4 days here, and reported at low single percentages. In Denmark, it's dominant and they have a *huge* and still rising current caseload, well over double our peak, despite higher vaccination and higher booster rates than us.

No big spike there in deaths and they're removing restrictions, so I presume likewise for health care.

View attachment 35278
*if* this continues, we'll see a rebound.

*if* the removal of restrictions also causes a rise in transmission or could be quite sharp.
i think most cases at the moment are kids.

We’d all be fucked if you could catch it again that quick, lol.

I‘ve tested a couple of times this week funnily enough, as been really shit with chest infection, sore throat, cough and snot. Far worse than when I had omicron before Xmas. Typical.
The cough bronchitis thing that is going around at the moment is far worse than Omicron for most. My partner and her son have been badly ill with it for 2 weeks.

The cough bronchitis thing that is going around at the moment is far worse than Omicron for most. My partner and her son have been badly ill with it for 2 weeks.
I started with it first week of Jan so getting on for 3 weeks now. Made me proper miserable, even more than usual, lol. Finally feel like I’m over the worst of it thankfully.

Just as you shouldn't with cancer,which in many cases was relegated.....

I also agree with your first paragraph,pneumonia or Influenza could have just as easily seen them off.

Neither of them could have done at all though, at least not in their current form. Have you actually looked at what the list is and how many people it would account for…?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.