Coronavirus (2022) thread

Thanks mate.

So if I take LFs over the next few days (days 7-10) and they are still positive I still need to isolate.

What’s the crack if after day 10 I take a LF and it’s still positive? Can I just crack on as normal because I’ve completed the 10 day isolation?
That would appear to be the case. Most people I know are taking longer than 7 days to get a clear.

The Sun is reporting that the requirement to take a PCR test after a positive LFT will be scrapped in the coming days in order to free up capacity. You would just need to isolate for seven days and have negative LFTs on days six and seven to rejoin the world.

Makes sense as with the number of cases now what really is the point of confirmatory PCRs?

Edit: Lead story on The Telegraph too so it's happening.

Last edited:
Thanks mate.

So if I take LFs over the next few days (days 7-10) and they are still positive I still need to isolate.

What’s the crack if after day 10 I take a LF and it’s still positive? Can I just crack on as normal because I’ve completed the 10 day isolation?

Providing you have no symptoms such as a temperature, you are fine to do what you please.

Thanks mate.

Even if you show as positive you’re not infectious, hence you can crack on with life as normal mate.

Its really the couple of days before you show symptoms and the first 24/48 hours from when you start symptoms that you are infectious, and that’s why they will eventually reduce isolation to 5 days.

The Sun is reporting that the requirement to take a PCR test after a positive LFT will be scrapped in the coming days in order to free up capacity. You would just need to isolate for seven days and have negative LFTs on days six and seven to rejoin the world.

Makes sense as with the number of cases now what really is the point of confirmatory PCRs?

Edit: Lead story on The Telegraph too so it's happening.
This is what I don’t understand in a lot of cases, you know pretty much when you’ve got it, hence why I never bothered with pcr’s both times I’ve had covid.

I can understand if you’re asymptomatic and happen to do a positive lft, but other than that all seems a bit pointless.

Thanks mate.

I'm sure it's only seven days isolation mate even though test and trace still say ten. Do a lateral on day 6 and 7, if negative you're out. Then just test daily and hope for negative, then you're free

This is what I don’t understand in a lot of cases, you know pretty much when you’ve got it, hence why I never bothered with pcr’s both times I’ve had covid.

I can understand if you’re asymptomatic and happen to do a positive lft, but other than that all seems a bit pointless.
I agree but I wonder if other countries will accept a registered, positive LFT as proof of previously infection in the last 90 days.
If not people will be required to PCR before travel possibly causing no end of trouble to those 90 dayers.
Portugal, for instance don't require you to have a PCR if you have proof of prior infection within that period.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.