Coronavirus (2022) thread

I agree but I wonder if other countries will accept a registered, positive LFT as proof of previously infection in the last 90 days.
If not people will be required to PCR before travel possibly causing no end of trouble to those 90 dayers.
Portugal, for instance don't require you to have a PCR if you have proof of prior infection within that period.
I assume being fully vaccinated in also good enough to get into Portugal?

It could well be another incentive for people to get vaccinated and so there is an additional benefit as well as taking pressure off testing.

It's 7 days now. You need 2 negative LF tests from day 6 & 7 onwards.

Just indicative of the whole out of sync approach. I tested positive on Tuesday and reported my result. I get a message back almost immediately telling me I must self isolate for TEN days until the 14th and get a PCR test. That seems a bit pointless, as I know I am positive and I’ve got symptoms!

I am then told I mustn’t leave the house, even to excercise, although I can go into the garden. I am not allowed out though, even with a mask. Now, I have never been convinced about mask wearing but, I thought wearing a mask was ‘not to protect you, but to protect those around you’? If you can’t go out wearing one if you’re positive, that cannot be true..

I assume being fully vaccinated in also good enough to get into Portugal?

It could well be another incentive for people to get vaccinated and so there is an additional benefit as well as taking pressure off testing.
Travel to Portugal
All passengers need to fill out a Passenger Locator Card before departure to Portugal.

From 1 December 2021, passengers arriving into Portugal by air must hold a negative Covid-19 test result even if they are fully vaccinated. The following tests are accepted:

PCR (NAAT) tests taken within 72 hours of departure
Rapid Antigen tests taken within 48 hours of departure. Only Rapid Antigen Tests that are on the list agreed by the European Union Health Committee are allowed.
The following passenger categories are exempt from this negative rest result requirement:

Holders of a valid EU Digital Covid Certificate of recovery from Covid-19 (issued less than 180 days before travel)
Children under the age of 12
Essential workers (defined by Portugal as workers in transport, emergency and security services)
Cross-border workers (working within 30 km of Portugal’s border)
Requirements for EU citizens but I'd imagine it's pretty much universal.

Anyone been left feeling tired and lethargic who's had it. I definitely am

Yup. Feel like I haven't slept by about 3pm. As Bluehammer said struggling to wake up in the morning. It's definitely lingering, just try and plough on through. Hopefully not forever.

Losing smell and taste is a right kick in the knackers though haha!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.