Coronavirus (2022) thread

It is updated to this month, literally , i know you have told people the same wrong info before and it needs correcting
Nope, not wrong. But just leave it anyway as you bore the fuck out of me.

She wasn’t saying you were wrong about that, you were wrong to tell someone to “fuck it” and just go to the game tomorrow despite them still testing positive on their Day 7.

There’s a possible £1,000 fine for him doing that, it was quite irresponsible to suggest it, and despite being less infectious by Day 7 compared to early doors people can be infectious up to and including Day 10.

More good news in England hospitals

Admissions (Wednesday - always 48 hours behind the rest of data)

1451 V 1689 last week & 1778 week before

NW 214 V 237 V 309

Patients down 391 to 12,032 V 13,462 last Friday & V 14,865 Friday before

Every region falls today by a good number

North West falls the most - by 88 to 1810 V 2430 last Friday

Ventilators down again - by 4 to 425 - now 19 days since it last increased.

North West up 1 on 48 V 60 last Friday

All the rest of the key details on the data thread

The use of flu as a benchmark has been, I think, less than helpful and continues to be. They're different diseases. And seasonal and pandemic flu are also different. So what exactly such a comparison even means is entirely unclear.

As to whether COVID is *currently* less harmful than seasonal flu, that's very clear - hundreds of people a day are dying from the effects of covid and almost no-one from flu.

Whether it will be in the future depends on our choices (vaccination primarily but also things like ventilation), but also on the continued evolution of the virus, which is highly unpredictable.
Away from the death figures, seasonal flu also doesn’t floor as many people for such a long period of time as Covid so that they have to miss work through being ill.

I only returned to work today 15 days after I got Covid and started isolating. Despite testing negatively and not actually having any Covid infection symptoms left, I didn’t return to work after 10 days because I’ve been too fatigued, and I’ve not been fit to go back to work until now (and if it was a working day tomorrow I’m not sure I’d go in).

I’ve never really been a sickly person before. I’ve had one migraine before, had flu once which floored me for three days, and had swine flu when that was around with which I was very bloody ill with that for five days (worse than Covid while I had it but left me quicker and didn’t have any after effects), but I’ve never been ill with or felt like shit for 15 days like have have recently with Covid. But they’re the only times I’ve ever really been ill in my adult life (oh and I do get gout from time-to-time, but I don’t think of that as an illness, that’s just a side effect of eating too much red meat!)

That’s two weeks where my work have got no work out of me. So from a business point of view, Covid is worse than seasonal flu.

Last edited by a moderator:

You dont read your own links clearly , the uk gov gives the uk advice

The feeling is fucking mutual

Away from the death figures, seasonal flu also doesn’t floor as many people for such a long period of time as Covid so that they have to miss work through being ill.

I only returned to work today 15 days after I got Covid and started isolating. Despite testing negatively and not actually having any Covid infection symptoms left, I didn’t return to work after 10 days because I’ve been too fatigued, and I’ve not been fit to go back to work until now (and if it was a working day tomorrow I’m not sure I’d go in).

I’ve never really been a sickly person before. I’ve had one migraine before, had flu once which floored me for three days, and had swine flu when that was around with which I was very bloody ill with that for five days (worse than Covid while I had it but left me quicker and didn’t have any after effects), but I’ve never been ill with or felt like shit for 15 days like have have recently with Covid. But they’re the only times I’ve ever really been ill in my adult life (oh and I do get gout from time-to-time, but I don’t think of that as an illness, that’s just a side effect of eating too much red meat!)

That’s two weeks where my work have got no work out of me. So from a business point of view, Covid is worse than seasonal flu.

On the flip side, I had it and didn’t miss a day, but if I genuinely had flu you can be sure I would have. 1 person doesn’t represent every case.

"Mild" is a much abused term for covid!

Also, a huge proportion of the population has been infected with covid in the past few weeks, far more than would be with seasonal flu.

On the flip side, I had it and didn’t miss a day, but if I genuinely had flu you can be sure I would have. 1 person doesn’t represent every case.
No, but even if someone has no symptoms at all they have to isolate for 6-10 days.

About 200,000 people are isolating at the moment and all-in quite a few million since the turn of the year and for the most part of that it was 10 days isolating. That’s a lot of working hours not worked.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, but even if someone has no symptoms at all they have to isolate for at least 6 days.

About 200,000 people are isolating at the moment and all-in probably over 2m since the turn of the year and for the most part of that it was 10 days isolating.
Roll on next month, where self isolation is a thing of the past... for the time being.

No, but even if someone has no symptoms at all they have to isolate for 6-10 days.

About 200,000 people are isolating at the moment and all-in quite a few million since the turn of the year and for the most part of that it was 10 days isolating. That’s a lot of working hours not worked.

Good point. I could work from home so that’s why there was no impact.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.