Coronavirus (2022) thread

Yes that is my assumption but I have seen some trumpeting that it proves it is less harmful than flu so vaccinations are unnecessary (most of these ignore that we also have flu vaccines). They normally go hand in hand with claims that most people are in hospital having been vaccinated so why bother vaccinating? This was covered months ago on here

The use of flu as a benchmark has been, I think, less than helpful and continues to be. They're different diseases. And seasonal and pandemic flu are also different. So what exactly such a comparison even means is entirely unclear.

As to whether COVID is *currently* less harmful than seasonal flu, that's very clear - hundreds of people a day are dying from the effects of covid and almost no-one from flu.

Whether it will be in the future depends on our choices (vaccination primarily but also things like ventilation), but also on the continued evolution of the virus, which is highly unpredictable.

254 all settings deaths - 228 in England

Last week 277 - 247 in England

84,053 cases - was 88,171 yesterday & 89,176 last week

England only 73,185 - was 77,189 yesterday & 78,711 last week

Semantics. Most infectious in the 2 days prior and 2 days following symptoms start. Of course the government website is bound to still say the full 10 days. We are talking omicron now not delta, and also when people are fully jabbed.
It is updated to this month, literally , i know you have told people the same wrong info before and it needs correcting

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.