Coronavirus (2022) thread

Deaths are rising now as is inevitable from the high case levels for weeks and rising patient numbers now but whilst markedly so now not as yet to near the level even in January Though that may come if patient rises continue for another week or two as they probably will because they will lag any coming cases fall.

Deaths today 165 V 128 last week. 150 in England hospitals V 110 last week. 19 today were in the North West.

The age range are still heavily skewed to age. Of the 150 in England hospitals today 1 was under 20, 8 aged 40 - 59, 47 aged 60 - 79 and 94 were over 80. This is sadly one of the first young deaths in a while. Deaths under 40 have been very few recently.

And recall these are patients dying WITH Covid not necessarily in hospital or dying because of it.

England hospital admisions for Tuesday (always 48 hours behind) topped 2000 for the first time since 11 January at the peak of the first Omicron wave.

They were 2098 V 1800 last week and 1389 the week before

Midlands had 443 - easily the most V 285 last week (Midlands cases are rising a lot at present)

North West had 286 V 234 last week.

Patients (today) are still rising in England and have been daily now for a while.

Up 354 today to 13,602 - last week the same day rise was 336 to 11,346

As you see little difference but up 2256 week to week The weeky rise yesterday was 2238.

So numbers are rising but steadily not dramatically.

I doubt it as they only just recently started adding reinfections as new cases and many will have had it several times by now.

The Zoe numbers are just new daily reported cases so you could kind of add them up and they would be more accurate than the gov UK total across the pandemic - but that Gov UK number is 20,515,998 (as of today) - almost a third of the UK population. And Zoe did not start operating until some time into the pandemic

The true UK number will be nearer half the population I suspect. As there will be millions who had it and never knew as they did not get tested.
Just had confirmation of my positive test today. This is the second time for me. I'm already feeling ok again, first sign of the covid was on Monday. My wife (who still has never had covid) is the only person from her department at work who hasn't recently had it and even now she is still testing negative.

England regional patient numbers from today:

Every region is up. East by 46 to 1585, London by 23 to 2112, Midlands easily the most by 123 to 2140, NE & Yorkshire by 66 to 2139, North West by 36 to 1932, South East by 20 to 1982 and South West by 40 to 1442

England ventilator numbers had their biggest daily rise today in a couple of months.

Up 26 to 286. The highest number here in over a month.

There are definitely more older patients being admitted now and care home outbreaks are up in most nations. Case numbers in over 60s are higher than they have been in the Omicron wave. This new version seems to be infecting more ib older ages - hence the fourth jab campaign underway.

London had the biggest rise up to 109. NE & Yorkshire at 41 is the next nearest to that numer (up 9 today). Midlands is on 30 exactly.

All the other regions are in the 20s. North West up 2 on 29.

But most importntly:-

the last time there were 13,602 patients in England was 27 January & 3 January either side of the first Omicron wave. Ventilators then were 481 coming out and 777 going in respectively

In the wave last winter the equivalent numbers for ventilators when the same patient numbers were in hospital were - going out of that 2020/21 wave - on 27 February 2021 there were 2072 on ventilation and heading into it on 10 December 2020 there were 1110.

The vaccines are the main reason for this obvious set of big differences - along with the natre of Omicron being different from past strains - which as you can see makes this wave as yet even less deadly than the first Omicron one in January but that might change as deaths will inevitably be the last measure to rise and fall.

Last edited:
England regional patient numbers from today:

Every region is up. East by 46 to 1585, London by 23 to 2112, Midlands easily the most by 123 to 2140, NE & Yorkshire by 66 to 2139, North West by 36 to 1932, South East by 20 to 1982 and South West by 40 to 1442
Do you ever get to see the number of patients fully jabbed compared to unjabbed. I felt really ill first time I had covid, felt like a bad cold this time. I'm convinced this is all down to my injections.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.