Coronavirus (2022) thread

Yes, perhaps that’s the problem. Too many sources, methods etc.
(I have a new IPad,and haven’t worked out how to post a link yet. You would think it obvious, but it isn’t.)

There's an article in the Graun today

That contradicts the "Sweden is best in Europe" line in the Telegraph:

An estimated 109 excess deaths per 100,000 people places it at 56th in the global ranking of “best performing” countries, and middle of the table relative to the European Union, coming 15th out of the 27 EU member states.

Which sounds similar to the ourworld in data extract posted upthread - worse than other Nordics, but better than EU average.

It also seems that the methodology used may mislead some countries baselines, notably Germany - this from JB Murdoch.

I don't think this much changes the overall understanding.

There's an article in the Graun today

That contradicts the "Sweden is best in Europe" line in the Telegraph:

An estimated 109 excess deaths per 100,000 people places it at 56th in the global ranking of “best performing” countries, and middle of the table relative to the European Union, coming 15th out of the 27 EU member states.

Which sounds similar to the ourworld in data extract posted upthread - worse than other Nordics, but better than EU average.

It also seems that the methodology used may mislead some countries baselines, notably Germany - this from JB Murdoch.

I don't think this much changes the overall understanding.

Thanks for that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.