Coronavirus (2022) thread

Has anyone taken kids to Greece recently? Going in august with an 11 and 5 year old and seeing mixed messages on whether we need them vaccinated or if not, whether they need tests before we go.

COVID-19 cases have surged by nearly half in a week, official figures show.

Last week, an estimated 1,415,600 people had coronavirus in the UK, up 425,800 or 43%.

This is the highest estimate for infections since the start of May, but is still well below the record high of 4.9 million at the end of March.

Cases rose in all four nations of the UK - and increased across all ages groups.

Last week, an estimated 1,415,600 people had coronavirus in the UK, up 425,800 or 43%.

This is the highest estimate for infections since the start of May, but is still well below the record high of 4.9 million at the end of March.

Cases rose in all four nations of the UK - and increased across all ages groups.

Its being blamed on the Jubilee so will be intersting to see if it continues to rise.

I do think we're in for quite a few waves until it settles down with the way immunity wains seemingly like clockwork every 3/4 months

The Royal wave.

Its being blamed on the Jubilee so will be intersting to see if it continues to rise.

I do think we're in for quite a few waves until it settles down with the way immunity wains seemingly like clockwork every 3/4 months
I posted in the other thread that briefly started a week or two ago as I did not want to revive this one.

But it was clear then that it had started before the Jubilee and has been increasing in pace since.
So it is without doubt the two new Omicron variants driving it along with the opening up and nicer weather.

Cases have been rising slowly and steadily for over 3 weeks now. But more significantly hospital numbers are going up.It bottomed out in England at 3800 three weeks ago and has been rising daily ever since.

Over the past weekend England patients rose from 5037 to 5726 - the biggest weekend jump in several weeks and double last weekend's increase.

Ventilators also rose from 120 to 150 in the same past weekend. Though again that remains low.

Deaths are inevitably going to follow though still also keeping fairly low. And whilst these are not huge numbers in any area and so there is no sign these variants are worse than the previous Omicron ones we are having a real wave and are not yet at its peak.

Zoe numbers are still going upwards at a pretty steady rate and they estimate 193,767 cases today and an ongoing total of 2,142,385 cases active today. Though they have far fewer numbers taking part in the app now and so these are more unreliable than they have ever been. Only Stockport of the 10 GM boroughs has enough people in the Zoe App to even make an estimate possible. They have the highest numbers in the 10 GM boroughs in the real government numbers too here again. Though still at modest levels only. But like the other 9 boroughs going upward.

Not going to post regular daily updates again.Just occasional ones like this if someone updates this thread for other reasons and there is any news worth adding.

Last edited:
This will be a very welcome bump for some.....
Not sure who would welcome this. In any case as long expected the Gov UK site just announced that in 10 days time they will stop updating the numbers even on Monday to Friday - which is all they do now. It will be just weekly from 1 July.

The other nations already have. So even if I wanted to post updates (which I do not as I said above) I could not do it anyway as the numbers will be gone.

That is probably the best news of the last two and a half years I have posted on these threads.

Not sure who would welcome this. In any case as long expected the Gov UK site just announced that in 10 days time they will stop updating the numbers even on Monday to Friday - which is all they do now. It will be just weekly from 1 July.

The other nations already have. So even if I wanted to post updates (which I do not as I said above) I could not do it anyway as the numbers will be gone.

That is probably the best news of the last two and a half years I have posted on these threads.
So doing away with the data just in time for the next wave which is said to be infecting lower lung tissue and therefore more dangerous. What could possibly go wrong.

Lol I wondered where this thread had gone.

The usual armchair experts will be rubbing their hands with glee.

This thread needs rocketing into the fucking sun.
Blimey. When is it your business what other people talk about? Puts you squarely in the "scared stupid of something" column.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.