Coronavirus (2022) thread

Study from Singapore showing a lot of there excess deaths not registered as covid happen within 90 days of a covid infection, where Covid is aggravating existing conditions that then finish you off.

With the issues of excess deaths still being higher it’s an interesting study.

Done several tests recently and had a shortness of breath tickly cough so went to the doctors today and my blood oxygen level was 90% so they told me it was extremely low and needed immediate attention. They rang the hospital who said to keep an eye on it so have booked blood test and chest X-ray referral.got home and tested and have fucking covid , feel achy and shivering and going to bed rang the gp to tell them but they’re not answering

3 in our office of 4 have tested positive over the last week. I've been working from home and at another site so missed it

Not surprising - we have been heading into the next wave for a couple of weeks in the data. The media have finally noticed.

This looks as if it will be cyclical with low period then waves pretty well constantly.

Hopefully less dangerous each time as we tweak the vaccines.

All the mixing over the past two or three weeks will certainly not be irrelevant either.

The boosters on offer need to be taken up. They are doing them in one arm with flu in the other as that is expected to be bad this winter too (it was in Australia in their Winter) so if you get offered take it up.

I had the new Covid jab aimed at the Omicron variant that is totally dominant. It was a little sorer than the past ones but after 48 hours that was gone. No other after effects.

For the record on the data England hospital numbers after falling for some time bottomed out on 4467 on 17 September with 117 on ventilators. But for the past 11 days have increased steadily to now be 7024 with 160 on ventilators.

Last time they were at these levels was Aug 19 when they were falling and there were 7045 in hospital and 182 in ventilators.

So no sign as yet that things are getting more dangerous. Just more numerous.

North West is coping relatively well so far with 945 in hospital and 18 on ventilators V 1256 in hospital and 20 on ventilators on the last day patient numbers were in England as they are today - as noted above that being 6 weeks ago.

Admissions though have risen this week more notably than in a couple of months. With 998 admitted on Tuesday V 781 last Tuesday and 519 the Tuesday before.

North West in those weeks has gone from 81 to 82 to 132 this Tuesday (latest numbers) suggesting the North West is just behind the curve a little and now starting to go up more.

Zoe numbers tell a similar story.

Loads of people I know (including me) have had congestion and a cough for about 3 weeks. Keep testing negative for covid but wondering if this is an undetectable variant on the rapid tests? The cough is really persistent. Feel fine apart from that. Felt like a cold but the cough just wont go away

Loads of people I know (including me) have had congestion and a cough for about 3 weeks. Keep testing negative for covid but wondering if this is an undetectable variant on the rapid tests? The cough is really persistent. Feel fine apart from that. Felt like a cold but the cough just wont go away
Don’t the new variants not hit the lungs so hard? When I had Covid in July, the main symptom I had was a really sore, dry throat and a bit bunged up. Hardly any coughing at all. I did lose taste and smell too.

Don’t the new variants not hit the lungs so hard? When I had Covid in July, the main symptom I had was a really sore, dry throat and a bit bunged up. Hardly any coughing at all. I did lose taste and smell too.
It’s more like a tickle cough more like upper chest and not really in the lungs. Might just be a regular cold going round it’s just that the cough seems lingering like Covid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.