Coronavirus (2022) thread

More than a quarter of Welsh hospital beds could be taken up by patients with Covid, flu and other respiratory illnesses at the winter peak, according to latest predictions from scientists.

A "worst case" scenario suggests 2,750 hospital beds could be full.

It's been 6 days, i'm still testing positive and still ill - i've finally gone past the shivers and the sleep and fever part, but my throat is like a cheese grater and still can't stop coughing, mouth tastes of sick, and still feel faint. And as expected in a small flat my partner has tested positive now too, he works from home and his boss is annoyed he's had today off sick (and the rest of this week probably) but he's in bed shivering and feeling awful. So far our 6 year old is negative.

My question to any of the experts on here is - with the current varient, how soon do you catch it again?

I know in the early days of the virus they said you had months, but that it had dropped with the newer ones.

I still plan on getting the vaccine when i can (i'm 47 so was only qualifying as my mums carer), but promised i'd check on here about immunity? As my son is already pressuring me into organzing a playdate as soon as i'm better, but it's their home i'm worried i got it from! (That or the derby!)

I've put my question in bold so it doesn't skip - sorry for that!

Last edited:
i've got a bad cold, chesty cough, sore throat the lot

honestly, the only remedy for me is going for a run, sweat it out, loads of water - it works.

It's been 6 days, i'm still testing positive and still ill - i've finally gone past the shivers and the sleep and fever part, but my throat is like a cheese grater and still can't stop coughing, mouth tastes of sick, and still feel faint. And as expected in a small flat my partner has tested positive now too, he works from home and his boss is annoyed he's had today off sick (and the rest of this week probably) but he's in bed shivering and feeling awful. So far our 6 year old is negative.

My question to any of the experts on here is - with the current varient, how soon do you catch it again?

I know in the early days of the virus they said you had months, but that it had dropped with the newer ones.

I still plan on getting the vaccine when i can (i'm 47 so was only qualifying as my mums carer), but promised i'd check on here about immunity? As my son is already pressuring me into organzing a playdate as soon as i'm better, but it's their home i'm worried i got it from! (That or the derby!)

I've put my question in bold so it doesn't skip - sorry for that!
There’s more than one variant doing the rounds.

i've got a bad cold, chesty cough, sore throat the lot

honestly, the only remedy for me is going for a run, sweat it out, loads of water - it works.
Careful. If it is COVID, research says "powering through" is linked to increased likelyhood of long COVID.

Funny tho. Couple of times I've been ill recently I've noticed on looking back that the on day I've likely got ill, there's a definite increase my level of physical activity which lasts for a few days. Saw the same thing with my neighbour - it was quite funny to watch her suddenly running around like a loon... she was definitely showing signs of an early infection... two days later she's in bed for a week and can barely move.

Tested positive this morning, felt like shit yesterday afternoon and was in bed soon as home, match didn’t help my mood. Went in work and did a test, positive, and not allowed there so sent home. Sore throat, fuzzy head, aching and coughing up phlegm with the odd spot of blood in isn’t helping. Just hope to get over it asap.

Tested positive this morning, felt like shit yesterday afternoon and was in bed soon as home, match didn’t help my mood. Went in work and did a test, positive, and not allowed there so sent home. Sore throat, fuzzy head, aching and coughing up phlegm with the odd spot of blood in isn’t helping. Just hope to get over it asap.

Get well bud

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.