Coronavirus (2022) thread

Mink ? Just told the Mrs to get rid of her coat.
Haha!

Yeah do you remember that story that broke in Denmark last year where a strain of it had jumped from human to mink and back to humans again?

This is where viruses can get very deadly as they can mix with similar viruses in the other animal and come jump back a wholly different variant from what it was when it jumped out. I think that’s where the 1917 flu broke out with cross-and-back-again jumps from humans to pigs

This is why we’re not allowed to go to visit mountain gorillas if we have even a slight cold, even if we’ve paid a load of money for the trip, because a slight cold in us could be a deadly virus to the gorillas because it can infect across the species.

Does anyone know what the deal is with Covid pass expiring? Does it automatically update or is there something you need to do to get more time on it?

A friend of mine is triple jabbed but his domestic Covid pass only runs until the 17th of Jan for some reason.
Download the NHS app. If you redoenload the Covid pass again from there, it will update in your Apple Wallet (or another wallet if you have anything else).

So any time anyone complains about their government anywhere, we can just answer “but governments elsewhere are shite as well”?
The person said that uk government had overreacted to omicron ignoring some vocal SA officials.
Slightly more specific than “the government is shite”.

I am more optimistic and not greatly in favour of restrictions but even I can see the reasoning behind wanting to be cautious and not take the wrong cause of action. Some believe there should have been more interventions and in truth the government is currently seen to be trying to allow life to continue. I mean we have full football stadiums.

what has happened is a sort of voluntary lockdown lite in respect of hospitality seemingly caused both by government messaging (rather than restrictions backed by financial support) and by individuals assessing their own risk.

Haha!

Yeah do you remember that story that broke in Denmark last year where a strain of it had jumped from human to mink and back to humans again?

This is where viruses can get very deadly as they can mix with similar viruses in the other animal and come jump back a wholly different variant from what it was when it jumped out. I think that’s where the 1917 flu broke out with cross-and-back-again jumps from humans to pigs

This is why we’re not allowed to go to visit mountain gorillas if we have even a slight cold, even if we’ve paid a load of money for the trip, because a slight cold in us could be a deadly virus to the gorillas because it can infect across the species.
There are some papers out there suggesting that omicron is a mouse mutation.

from humans to mice. Mice to mice for x number of months, enough time for it to change enough against the mouse immune system and then back to humans.

if so it’s a total fluke that it’s less deadly to us.

Last edited:
Anyone noticing a change of tone in the media? Mature discussion about issues such as cutting the isolation period to 5 days, ending the policy of mass jabs and instead targeting at the vulnerable as per the flu jab, ending the practice of mass testing and targeting at the health and social care sectors, a calling out of the dodgy modelling that's been used to justify restrictions being imposed, criticism of masks in schools based on flimsy evidence, I could go on. I suspect this is being driven by them sensing a change in the public mood, but I'm optimistic we may be close to the end of the pandemic stage of covid response and moving to the endemic stage thanks to Omicron.

Public health officials are hopeful the NHS will be able to cope this winter in the capital.

Professor Kevin Fenton said they are seeing a "slowing down" in the increase of COVID patients being admitted to hospital.

However, he said London is still seeing higher staff absence rates - largely due to coronavirus.

The most pressure on hospitals is being caused by people who are either unvaccinated or partially vaccinated

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.