Coronavirus (2022) thread

I’m of exactly the same disposition as you.
One of the biggest problems with the current thinking is, there isn’t any! You either believe everything you’re told or you’re anti science/vax, a covid denier, a science denier and/or a conspiracy theorist. In losing the ability to question things and see the world as shades of grey, we are just becoming ever more polarised and divided, exactly what our ‘leaders‘ want.
Whenever people quote ‘the science’ and therefore assume such a thing exists, they don’t really know what science is..
How science works, everyone believes the world is flat, someone comes along to challenge the narrative and claims the world is round, the majority who believe the world is flat mock the challenger of the narrative, but scientists have an open mind and examine the evidence, if they find evidence to support the theory they make this public, a debate happens and our understanding evolves.
Today, the challenger of the narrative would be banned from twitter and the debate stifled. This is not progression.

I’m of exactly the same disposition as you.
One of the biggest problems with the current thinking is, there isn’t any! You either believe everything you’re told or you’re anti science/vax, a covid denier, a science denier and/or a conspiracy theorist. In losing the ability to question things and see the world as shades of grey, we are just becoming ever more polarised and divided, exactly what our ‘leaders‘ want.
Whenever people quote ‘the science’ and therefore assume such a thing exists, they don’t really know what science is..
How science works, everyone believes the world is flat, someone comes along to challenge the narrative and claims the world is round, the majority who believe the world is flat mock the challenger of the narrative, but scientists have an open mind and examine the evidence, if they find evidence to support the theory they make this public, a debate happens and our understanding evolves.
Today, the challenger of the narrative would be banned from twitter and the debate stifled. This is not progression.
Just follow the numbers, no need for amateurs to challenge the narrative, it’s science based on facts versus dick heads.

First paragraph, you are obviously making that up, I think you are like the other anti vaxxers I know, not open to science, just think you know best and influenced by dick heads on Social Media and seemingly possessed by your own invincibility.
Anti-placebo effect?

Utter shite. It’s the anti-vaxxers that ignore the science. What you say is the polar opposite of what happens now.

I know personally of several colleagues/friends who are now reporting more energy, more lung function since being jab. Most of them are athletes or in good health so I agree the vaccine is the way forward.

Personally the booster jab certainly boosted my speed. The following morning I was much quicker in training.
You are forrest gump and I........

It’s funny, every single person who says they won’t have the vaccine happen to know several people who have been ill after having it.
Sounds like bollocks really.
I knew a chap who had his jab and his head literally fell off. He walks round with it under his arm now. His non vax arm obviously he hasn't been able to use that for months.

Seems quite chirpy mind says he gets a good view of passing norks. Can't wank though.

Shame he used to run marathons backwards while pulling a truck. Fuck science man the only thing you should put in your body is grilled chicken powder shakes and roids

I knew a chap who had his jab and his head literally fell off. He walks round with it under his arm now. His non vax arm obviously he hasn't been able to use that for months.

Seems quite chirpy mind says he gets a good view of passing norks. Can't wank though.

Shame he used to run marathons backwards while pulling a truck. Fuck science man the only thing you should put in your body is grilled chicken powder shakes and roids
Can you get Nando’s roid fried chicken ?

There are many, many, people who are vaccinated but are opposed to mandatory vaccination and vaccine passports. For me this is a civil liberties issue and so I support people's right to decide. This used to be a very mainstream position to hold but now makes me an anti vaxxer apparently, but hey ho, whatever.
I am very pro-vaccinate but have always been opposed to vaccine passports as I just don't think we should be coercing people to make decisions. With the evidence available the choice is very obvious but anything related to someone's own body should be a choice.

The NHS treats alcoholics, drug addicts and the obesity crisis will lead to millions of deaths over the next decade but these are also due to choice. We could therefore ban alcohol and junk food and that would prevent far more deaths than have happened because of COVID yet that never seems to be an option... So really this is actually a political issue and not one found in science or anything.

In any event the proof is in the pudding and the rest of Europe has just gone through an experiment with respect to things like vaccine passports and the proof is they don't work. In some countries case numbers have been been as bad if not worst than here.

Now with mandates it's slightly different in certain settings, you can't really excuse anyone in the NHS not getting vaccinated unless they are exempt. They have a duty to do everything they can to protect patients.

If there is no debate or evidence based approach, how was the predominant view of the U.K. establishment changed from “herd immunity” being the “solution”?

The people trying to close down debate are those insisting “Omicron” will be the last variant. Many of us live in hope but it almost certainly won’t be. Most of us just get on with having a decent quality of life without pretending we are in lockdowns. Hopefully, any future variants won’t be particularly harmful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.