Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

The day Germany started the Bundesliga they had 407 new cases and 22 deaths. How many weeks or possibly months do we think we are away from those numbers?

If people don’t abide by the social distancing rules a long time! Think the last few weeks where it’s been relaxed a bit and some going around like the lock down is over we will see in about another 2/3 weeks if we get a spike if we don’t means the summer has killed most of the virus but expect it to return October/November.

Fair enough - those things are tacky and fairly ridiculous. If any matter with the virus on/in it comes into contact with that cloth material it will linger there and the mask will just harbour the virus. Meanwhile the person wearing it could expose themselves to it, limit the amount of oxygen they are taking into their bodies and increase the amount of CO2 in their blood, and, if they have Covid19 (hence stories of older folk collapsing with them on), they could be just reinfecting themselves with every breath (from what I heard on Radio 4).
Also the fact they being uncomfortable to wear people fiddle with them having touched surfaces that could be infected thus transferring that infection directly

As there will be no atmosphere at games without fan is there a reason to giving the DJ a list of crowd noices to play during the game?

[
Me neither. Not even City games. Football is nothing without fans! I don’t even watch pre-season training games with 50,000 nobodies in a stadium on the other side of the world, so I’m not going to be watching these with nobody in the stadium.

Especially when it isn’t scientifically safe for them to be playing and they’re all completely breaking restrictions by playing.

I’m not allowed to take 21 mates and play a game in a park, and I’m not allowed to attend these Prem games. So why are they allowed to play them?

They shouldn’t be playing games until it’s scientifically safe to do so, the govt allows it to happen across society and fans are allowed in to attend.
There is a huge difference in the risk of fans in a stand, or traveling to games on public transport, or in packed and closed concourses to players playing football in the open air with players who are regularly tested. Footballers don't tend to diabetic, overweight or over 65 either (the well known risk factors).

Given our knowledge of how the virus spreads and what the risk settings are (indoor areas packed with people with no ventilation) you simply cannot equate the risks of players and fans.

I've seen claims from tracing studies of nCov infections that show less than 1% of infections originated in outdoor settings. That should at least make you think about what your claim.

If you are not convinced, read this blog about risk settings and how to avoid them by a Professor of Biology: https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the-risks-know-them-avoid-them

[

There is a huge difference in the risk of fans in a stand, or traveling to games on public transport, or in packed and closed concourses to players playing football in the open air with players who are regularly tested. Footballers don't tend to diabetic, overweight or over 65 either (the well known risk factors).

Given our knowledge of how the virus spreads and what the risk settings are (indoor areas packed with people with no ventilation) you simply cannot equate the risks of players and fans.

I've seen claims from tracing studies of nCov infections that show less than 1% of infections originated in outdoor settings. That should at least make you think about what your claim.

If you are not convinced, read this blog about risk settings and how to avoid them by a Professor of Biology: https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the-risks-know-them-avoid-them
The thing that makes football the greatest and most popular sport in the world is the bond between the fans and the players.

Without it, it is nothing.

One of the negatives of the modern game is the lack of atmosphere, almost certainly caused by normal working class fans priced out of the beautiful game.

I could think of nothing worse than watching a game, even played by the worlds greatest players in an empty stadium with no supporters.

And added to all of this, the current situation has brought a reality check to the worlds population, talk of multi million pound transfers and contracts now makes me want to puke.

Football needs to be very careful in the coming months and years.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.