Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Shouldn't be long before all games in England are played without supporters attending.

It is likely players will contract the virus as well and the smart thing to do then is to cancel all games until the pandemic is over.

No doubt some will have the virus and pressure not to reveal given what is at stake at a premium however sanity will prevail should it spread in high levels across the community and the signs are that it will.

it might have been viewed in hindsight as an overreaction however football is just football and decisions on outcomes can be decided on outcomes to date.

Once the virus is no longer things can go back to normal.
How long will it take for things to go back to normal?

Top two divisions is Spain now to be played behind closed doors for 2 weeks

They should just put us out of our misery any confirm the game will be played behind closed doors. Madrid will push for it to try and get an advantage and UEFA will oblige anyway
It won't be up to UEFA I don't think it will be our local health minister who'll decides the outcome

How long will it take for things to go back to normal?

Time will tell and the experiences from China , Korea and other countries but how long is a piece of string as they say.

We have better knowledge and resources to better cope with pandemics than in earlier times but super bugs are always on the horizon they are as much a part of life as the birds and the bees.

in a way its a very small reminder of natures way of saying we as a species and all lifeforms are when all is said and done are just dust in the wind.

Cue Kansas.

It's surely up to the UK gov to decide but UEFA seem to think they are the supreme power in Europe so I expect them to collude with Madrid to try to fuck our fans over once again.

I think it’s 50/50. The problem as I see it is that if all the other European countries keep on introducing these measures, then the UK won’t want to be the only one who doesn’t, in case that decision goes tits up. It opens up a huge can of worms otherwise. If all countries play behind closed doors then a few people catch it at a sporting event in the UK and die, the legal side could be a nightmare for the government.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.