Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

La Liga's next two rounds of games to be behind closed doors. Scuppers my trip to Vigo somewhat this weekend (not important in the scheme of things I suppose).

Ekstraklasa (Polish League) behind closed doors until further notice.

this is a very strange situation games behind closed doors, does this mean wembley semi and final, and it would also mean no parade for red scouse ha ha ha and they dont get to see the winning game, i love this virus.

I did say that, exactly that, my quote below.
and yes I do wonder about their motive if they are asking NOW, when no other games in England are. I haven't seen where any official forcasts are predicting that in the next week.

Not originally. Anyway, it's snowballing now with games all over being played behind closed doors. You can bet we will follow suit shortly

Almost certain this game will be behind closed doors.

They've just done it with the Barca-Napoli game and now they're discussing the Bayern-Chelsea game.

It simply won't be safe to go ahead in front of fans.
The horse has well and truly bolted at this stage. It's a given now that it has spread exponentially. I work with the fire service and our Drivers and EFRs have been told that when the ambulance drivers and EMTs inevitably contract the virus we will be asked to man the ambulances.

this is a very strange situation games behind closed doors, does this mean wembley semi and final, and it would also mean no parade for red scouse ha ha ha and they dont get to see the winning game, i love this virus.

99% of their fanbase has never seen a game anyway. The 1% will be staunch fans, who are the only ones missing out. Then you've got the rich overseas and corporate fans who would pay thousands for a ticket to be there.

Assistant CMO only this morning stated there is absolutely no risk to banning major gatherings the scientific evidence which our government use goes as far as saying you are safer in an outdoor gathering than being in a closed office or even at home. This needs to be challenged now by city and get the govt to get into uefa now

just to be on the safe side we need to bring the protests forward to tomorrow night especially as it’s on sky. At best it will be a good dress rehearsal

you never know Arsenal might even join the party

Sort of vindicates the decision to play your game behind close doors, but understand how disappointing/frustrating it is for your supporters.

Sounds as though he attended the game on Friday night and met all the team.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.