Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Marvin

I’d hope not to be honest.

When we went into lockdown and stopped fans from attending, we were having no more than 36 deaths a day and there were around 500 new cases a day... we are still now having over 150 deaths a day on some days and are still over 500 new cases a day pretty much every day.

We may well be past the peak but we’re actually still in a far worse situation than we were when we went into lockdown. Nobody seems to be grasping this as this weird, and incorrect, notion that things are better now seems to have swept the nation just because the Premier League and the Govt think money needs to get rolling again.

And the worldwide new cases a day is constantly growing, it’s never been higher than this week.

I’m still acting like the initial lockdown is in place. I’m still working from home, still only leaving the flat to get food or to exercise once a day, still not seeing any family or friends. I don’t care that the govt have lifted some restrictions, because it’s not time to from a medical standpoint even if it is from an economic one.

If you look at the stats over the last two weeks, we are actually looking like deaths in this country are starting to plateau and may even possibly start going up again.
You'l have problems comparing the new case rate given that the testing volume has changed significantly over the last 3 months.

In the UK the rate of decline of mortality is slowing because there are less active cases. As the number of active cases falls, the change in the number of deaths gets smaller and hence the gradient of the curve falls. It may well go up in the future, but if you look at the data in isolation, there's nothing it it which suggests an uptick in mortality.

Marvin

Well with one game remaining no lives lost, and good entertainment.

What's more we might see City score 100 goals, Foden blossomed, Liverpool tarnished their season, and City may eclipse everyone by winning the Champions League and how good would that be? Of course I'd rather be there, but better to see all this on TV than not at all.

Centurions

Well with one game remaining no lives lost, and good entertainment.

What's more we might see City score 100 goals, Foden blossomed, Liverpool tarnished their season, and City may eclipse everyone by winning the Champions League and how good would that be? Of course I'd rather be there, but better to see all this on TV than not at all.
Don't be so 2019, this season the PL title is the one to win. A Charity Shield, a League Cup and a possible CL Trophy win is a poor season.

feedmpenzaandhewillscore

Front of the kippax chomping on a wagon wheel
With mass gatherings at protests in London, Liverpool fans congregating on the Pier Head and once again outside Anfield. There hasn’t been a spike in any of these areas, the places where this is happening are where large families are occupying houses in the likes of Blackburn and Bradford.

There are test events in place to potentially bring crowds back, could we not see full capacity in the Autumn? Shut the concourse bars to stop people crowding inside and keep people in their seats out in the open at half time?

mancityvstoke

CHARLESTOWN Stop taking me seriously Back in 212
With mass gatherings at protests in London, Liverpool fans congregating on the Pier Head and once again outside Anfield. There hasn’t been a spike in any of these areas, the places where this is happening are where large families are occupying houses in the likes of Blackburn and Bradford.

There are test events in place to potentially bring crowds back, could we not see full capacity in the Autumn? Shut the concourse bars to stop people crowding inside and keep people in their seats out in the open at half time?
What about having a smoke?

hihosilva

Spanish cases of covid 19 have tripled over the last 3 weeks since lockdown was eased. If they get shut down again then the Madrid game could be in doubt.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.