Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Off to watch Trafford vs Ashton this afternoon. Genuinely excited. Been a shit year and 170 odd days since last watched a game live.

With no sight in the near future of fans being allowed back. Do we think that the ffp rules will be relaxed alot now to allow owners to pump their money into their club to stop their club going broke ?
Or will rich owners have to stand by and watch their clubs go bust even though they have the funds to save their business ?
I cant think of any other business which would stop the owners using their money to save their business.
As the season goes on without fans some clubs must be running out of money. It would be sad to see some old famous clubs go to the wall with rich owners who cant save the club for ffp. ( apart from the rags and dippers they can go bust :) )

I have tried searching but cant see if the league have written new rules concerning implications of coronavirus or natural disasters. Last season the Premier league were left in limbo trying to resolve the implications.
How many players have to be in isolation before a match is cancelled, what happens if the season is suspended again, could the league be finished early & an average points tally be used to determine the champions?

I have tried searching but cant see if the league have written new rules concerning implications of coronavirus or natural disasters. Last season the Premier league were left in limbo trying to resolve the implications.
How many players have to be in isolation before a match is cancelled, what happens if the season is suspended again, could the league be finished early & an average points tally be used to determine the champions?

Yea you would have thought the fa/ premier league would have published their plans should games or the league be cancelled. Going by the league cup if teams cant make the fixture due to covid19 the team is kicked out. I dont know if a team cant make a league match due to covid19 that the opponents get the 3 points. How many plays with covid19 are needed before the fixture cant take place ? Again what happens should that happen ?
We as fans seem to have been kept in the dark again or is it the fact that the fa/premier league make up as they go along depending on what teams are involved ?
I admit I am not very excited about football at the minute but I would have thought I would have come across the new rules for covid19 but I havent seen anything.

Hope they do a trial to allow a few into Goodison for the derby.... but they won't.

Yea you would have thought the fa/ premier league would have published their plans should games or the league be cancelled. Going by the league cup if teams cant make the fixture due to covid19 the team is kicked out. I dont know if a team cant make a league match due to covid19 that the opponents get the 3 points. How many plays with covid19 are needed before the fixture cant take place ? Again what happens should that happen ?
We as fans seem to have been kept in the dark again or is it the fact that the fa/premier league make up as they go along depending on what teams are involved ?
I admit I am not very excited about football at the minute but I would have thought I would have come across the new rules for covid19 but I havent seen anything.
It does seem like the league are going to make up the rules as they go along.
I agree Its difficult to get excited about the season but I'll still keep watching from the sofa.

It does seem like the league are going to make up the rules as they go along.
I agree Its difficult to get excited about the season but I'll still keep watching from the sofa.

I dont understand why nothing has been published as to how the fa/premier league are going to deal with it.
The tv companys have paided big money to cover these training I mean competitive matches, they must have been told what will happen.
Why dont us fans know ?
3 players with covid19 game postponed or 6 players or 9 or it doesnt matter how many just put out the under 11's.
Why the secrecy ?
As a fan I would like to know before getting to excited about the season and would like to know the rules/guidelines.

Apologies if they have been posted and I have missed them.

I dont understand why nothing has been published as to how the fa/premier league are going to deal with it.
The tv companys have paided big money to cover these training I mean competitive matches, they must have been told what will happen.
Why dont us fans know ?
3 players with covid19 game postponed or 6 players or 9 or it doesnt matter how many just put out the under 11's.
Why the secrecy ?
As a fan I would like to know before getting to excited about the season and would like to know the rules/guidelines.

Apologies if they have been posted and I have missed them.
Surely any games stopped or abandoned will have to be played and the season completed even if it takes two years to maintain the 'integrity of the league' and 'morale of the nation' - or is that only when the dippers are 20 points in front and the TV companies can ask for their money back?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.