Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

With France and Germany going into lockdown from the 2nd November how much longer can countries expect its citizens to obey lockdown when sport hasnt any boundaries ?
It doesnt sit right with me that football, cycling, rugby, cricket, netball ! Etc carries on. It's an odd mix in some places you can meet family but can sit at home watch sports people have close sweaty contact and with football spitting all over the pitch

I know it's about money

With France and Germany going into lockdown from the 2nd November how much longer can countries expect its citizens to obey lockdown when sport hasnt any boundaries ?
It doesnt sit right with me that football, cycling, rugby, cricket, netball ! Etc carries on. It's an odd mix in some places you can meet family but can sit at home watch sports people have close sweaty contact and with football spitting all over the pitch

I know it's about money
Sadly I fully agree. We have had to see our parent with Alzheimer’s through a window for 3 months. We come home put tv on watch protesters glued together & then sports people jump all over each other. Non of it makes sense but as long as the fear & ££££ keeps flowing all is well for the wealthy

I know it's about money

The company I work for makes more
money than every single premier league
football club put together. It stayed open right the way through the first lock down and will stay open if there is another one.
Now they have pretty good covid safety protocol's, but no where near as good as what football. No one was screaming for my company to close down.
People keep going on about football being a greedy industry. In the grand scheme of things, football clubs make fuck all compared to other industries.
Why should football close down when most other industries don't ?

How is the new 'Lockdown' going to effect non elite teams below the Nat North/South Leauge ? Cant find any info online.

Sadly I fully agree. We have had to see our parent with Alzheimer’s through a window for 3 months. We come home put tv on watch protesters glued together & then sports people jump all over each other. Non of it makes sense but as long as the fear & ££££ keeps flowing all is well for the wealthy
Go through the door and meet the parents. All MP's will be doing the same. Go for it.

Now is the time for footballers to show some solidarity with the rest of us and set an example. No more hugging, kissing, spitting, wearing masks around their necks. And if they can't manage it then the authorities and commentators need to call them out and take action to force them to do it.

With London and the SE now heading for a cut off from the rest of the country to try and stop this mutation form from spreading. I guess all the London based teams cant travel around the country and Europe and risk spreading it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.