Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Yea you would have thought the fa/ premier league would have published their plans should games or the league be cancelled. Going by the league cup if teams cant make the fixture due to covid19 the team is kicked out. I dont know if a team cant make a league match due to covid19 that the opponents get the 3 points. How many plays with covid19 are needed before the fixture cant take place ? Again what happens should that happen ?
We as fans seem to have been kept in the dark again or is it the fact that the fa/premier league make up as they go along depending on what teams are involved ?
I admit I am not very excited about football at the minute but I would have thought I would have come across the new rules for covid19 but I havent seen anything.
That’s a great point. Tiny little Orient have to concede the tie basically giving Spurs a bye. In theory a team could go all the way to the final without playing although highly unlikely. Would the same have happened if it was Spurs v Arse or us v Liverpool/Rags? This is why it’s all a joke and not real. What if the same happens in the Champs League? Where would you fit in a re match?

That’s a great point. Tiny little Orient have to concede the tie basically giving Spurs a bye. In theory a team could go all the way to the final without playing although highly unlikely. Would the same have happened if it was Spurs v Arse or us v Liverpool/Rags? This is why it’s all a joke and not real. What if the same happens in the Champs League? Where would you fit in a re match?

In theory a team could win the league cup without playing anyone, as the precedent has been set. Should a team get to the final and cant play due to covid19 outbreak, the team is thrown out , better put a fiver on spurs 'winning' it ;)

Ten people have tested positive for coronavirus in the latest round of testing conducted by the Premier League - the highest number of positive tests since the season began.

Still havent read what the fa or premier leagues plans are should a big outbreak happen. Surely they have started another season without any plans so why havent the fans been told ? Why the silence ?

Before I start getting to deeply involved in this season I want to know what happens should big outbreak happens not to much for fans to ask. Or do I just write this season of as a farce and ignore football.

I see rugby has a big problem with one of their finals with Sale

What were the guidelines that allowed Tierney to cut short his self isolate ? Does this mean that if we are self isolating our bosses can order us out of isolation and back to work like a footballer ?
I thought you only self isolate when waiting for a test, than if clear go back to work if not stay in isolation.
He had to get special permission from someone to come out of isolation early , that seems a slippery slope, if your best player is isolating , showing no signs but you need him for an important game, they cant say he cant play because they allowed Tierney to play.
How can football make there own rules up about self isolation and yet we have to follow our government guidelines and football doesnt ?

I might be barking up the wrong tree here but I am abit confused this might be 100% correct and nothing dodgy !

With no sway fans allowed in CL games what happens when the teams get to the final? Turkey seems to be doing well for visitors and say all things stay similar would they allow limited amount of fans from each team in. This then begs the question who at City would get one if domestically no one has been allowed back in?

Ronaldo has tested as still positive after 14 days self isolation, do they test him daily now or does he have to self isolate for another 14 days? Highly unlikely I know but I would laugh if so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.