Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

All that hard work VAR, the premier league and PIGMOL put in to get Liverpool to the top and it's looking like the season will be null and void.
Every cloud and all that.

What you have to remember is the same people that put them top will now want to 'give' it to them..

I can see it being null and void and Liverpool being handed the title.

There are more important matters at this time, but still would royally piss me off.

There would be a huge Asterix against it and would be very easy to belittle (what was likely going to be a record breaking season) to the only club to ever be handed the PL without actually winning it.

I just seeing it going to a vote and clubs not wanting to look bitter.

The best chance on this not happening would be Leicester/ Leeds/ WBA for example, they have a legitimate argument for European place and Promotion if things are being awarded on the basis of probability.

Does this also mean City as favourites for FA and CL win those trophy’s, cause it doesn’t!

There is also other issues such as CL money if they reply the last season as the champions receive more of the spilt. Why would we give that up?

My worry Liverpool are a special case and get treated different to the rest (bar 1). I just don’t see how you can win a null and void season.

I can also see a compromise being done where they reply but Leicester take our place due to the ban.

As you can see I think all these clubs will use the situation to their best advantage.

I think the best option is Liverpool get an acknowledgement a sort of unofficial you would have won it trophy. A direct copy of the PL trophy but 1/4 of the size would do!
Do you think if we were in the scousers position we would be handed the title? Especially if it went to a vote from the other clubs I very much doubt it!

They’re not going to break any of our records from the Centurions season, they aren’t going to win an unheard of domestic treble or a title with such a dramatic winning streak and a goal so earth shatteringly spectacular in a game that mattered so much as Komps against Leicester or the header against the rags in 2012 and they certainly aren’t going to win s title like 93:20 with all the twists and turns.
Fuck em, I hate the plastic fuckers more than the twats in Stretford. They are scum and I’ve never come across so many plastic shirt wearers that strut around chests puffed out as these *****

I can see it being null and void and Liverpool being handed the title.

There are more important matters at this time, but still would royally piss me off.

There would be a huge Asterix against it and would be very easy to belittle (what was likely going to be a record breaking season) to the only club to ever be handed the PL without actually winning it.

I just seeing it going to a vote and clubs not wanting to look bitter.

The best chance on this not happening would be Leicester/ Leeds/ WBA for example, they have a legitimate argument for European place and Promotion if things are being awarded on the basis of probability.

Does this also mean City as favourites for FA and CL win those trophy’s, cause it doesn’t!

There is also other issues such as CL money if they reply the last season as the champions receive more of the spilt. Why would we give that up?

My worry Liverpool are a special case and get treated different to the rest (bar 1). I just don’t see how you can win a null and void season.

I can also see a compromise being done where they reply but Leicester take our place due to the ban.

As you can see I think all these clubs will use the situation to their best advantage.

I think the best option is Liverpool get an acknowledgement a sort of unofficial you would have won it trophy. A direct copy of the PL trophy but 1/4 of the size would do!

Not a prayer they'll be handed the title. It would make tiddlywinks look more credible.

If it was given to them would they be classed as winners ? Could cause chaos in pub quizzes.....who won the premier league 2019/20 ?....liverpool ? . No .....it was null n void but award to the team that was top when made null n void. They didnt actually win it.

Quite a few commentators suggesting that when football resumes we should finish off this season and then move into next season. I’m not sure how practical that would be. Firstly, when football resumes there would have to be a pre season to get players match fit. Secondly there would still have to be a close season to prepare logistically for the new season. The fixture list cannot be finalised until promotion and relegation is decided and Sky/ BT will still want their say.

Clubs would be selling season tickets without knowing which division they would be playing in. It’s completely unrealistic to expect the relegated clubs to start playing in the Championship a few weeks after being relegated without having any time to prepare for it. The same would apply to the promoted clubs although I expect they would take that rather than no promotion.

The issue of players contracts would be a nightmare for the promoted/relegated clubs, but there would also be huge implications for all clubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.