Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I think this is key to me. A decision is going to have to be made in April, and while restarting in June is a possibility, it'll almost be impossible to make that call in April. And you can't keep modern, professional footballers in limbo like that, both for professional and personal reasons. And I don't just mean the men's leagues, because all these questions will be true for the women, for the EDS and so on so forth. If the PL kicks on then that has huge ramifications right across the pyramid. I just can't see the season been completed. And it's shite for everyone. At that point it really doesn't matter what happens to Liverpool, but there will be lots of complicated decisions to make and I think the only feasible solution will be call it void and for the PL, Sky and whoever else to make sure money is distributed around the lower leagues to keep clubs afloat.

how I see it as well, Leeds must surely be as certain mathematically to get a play off spot as Liverpool to win the title, you can’t pick and choose who benefits from their performance so far this season and who doesn’t

If indeed that rule exists, then nobidy can grudge it being followed.
Looking at table (I’ve tried to avoid it this season) then we would be just over the 75% if indeed it’s an actual by law and not a scouse fantasy

Play off option ( won’t happen ) but a one off game at Wembley against them, beat them, put our medals around their necks and tell the to go and collect the trophy
Wonder what the media would say about our grubby little club then ?

Who are we to award titles? An incomplete season jeopardises the integrity of the league, no titles, relegations or promotions were awarded during WWI or WWII. Blackpool were top when the 1939 to 1940 season was abandoned and they have never won the league in their 132 year history! If Liverpool get this title that way then Blackpool should get that one!!!!...:)

Exactly right. Sometimes in history events happen that eclipse sports. This is one of those times.

exactly, you cant give out a title based on a prediction, however likely it seems. Who'd have predicted us clawing back those 8 points in 2012, or liverpool coming back from 3-0 down against Barca last season, or heck their istanbull win, if any club should respect the unpredictability of sport, it should be them.

I get that they are so far in front, i even agree that they definitely deserve it, based on their season so far, but that based on an incomplete season can't be enough.
that would be like arguing that based on their last 5 games that they lost 4 of, on that form it would be certain they wouldnt win the league. Or that based on our firt leg against real madrid we are likely to win the CL, or that based on the first 15 minutes against norwich, tottenham deserve the FA cup. the margins are academic, it is either seen through to conclusion, or it counts for nothing.
The simple solution to this is a vote. All 92 clubs vote yes or no to the following motion:

“should the scousers been awarded the 2019-20 league title”

We all know the outcome of such a vote but the final figures would be hilarious!!!

The simple solution to this is a vote. All 92 clubs vote yes or no to the following motion:

“should the scousers been awarded the 2019-20 league title”

We all know the outcome of such a vote but the final figures would be hilarious!!!

Do they also vote on who gets 2nd, and 3rd, and 4th, .. 19th, 20th? and so on down the leagues?

As i keep saying, this isn't nor should it be about liverpool

If the dippers end up being " awarded the PL title" by vitue of being unable to fulfill all the games, it will be a very appropriate win , as they never seem to achieve anything without help from some friendly source, be it the PL, PiGMOL and their corrupt band of twats.

It will be a win with a serious stain against it ( despite their current points lead ) being a " win by default ( although nothing is ever their fucking fault ) .

But a much better outcome would be if the season was declared void with no winner or relegated clubs - the feral coach smashing twats would then achieve what they really deserve.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.