Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I understand and support the decision to postpone all pro football 100%. It was the only logical thing they could do. However, it just reminds me why I hate the close season so much. Weekends with no games on are hard work!

Though, to contradict myself, I was glad of the couple of months' break last season. That run in was nearly the death of me!

If the PL clubs decide consensually the outcome, it's legal. It's as simple as that.

We may hate the dippers as much as we like but better not get absolutely desperate that the PL does not award them the title. It's enough that their season has been seriously flattened and falls short of our two great seasons.
After all this i would be fucking furious if we vote for them to get it

Hacking us

Bricking our players coach

Fueling the racist hatred of raz

Being one of the leaders in us being investigated by literally every body in football

Deciding along with the rags who got the prem league job

Why the fuck would we agree to anything that benefits them

Jesus some people need to get a fucking grip

Last edited:
They’ll get the title, but at least they can’t be centurions. We still hold the points record.

And there is real doubt that they would have got there anyway. They had lost 4 out of their last 6 and still had to come to the Etihad. Quite feasible they could have lost a couple and drawn a couple and finished short of a century. So with 15 on-pitch players and the whole of Stockley park behind them, they just about managed to equal our consecutive wins record. Bravo (and a bit of boot-scarred Ederson also).

After all this i would be fucking furious if we vote for them to get it

Hacking us

Bricking our players coach

Being one of the leaders in us being investigated by literally every body in football

Deciding along with the rags who got the prem league job

Why the fuck would we agree to anything that benefits them

Jesus some people need to get a fucking grip

Bricking our coach twice, racially abusing Sterling and showering him with death threats ...

We have friends, teachers here in South West Scotland who have been told to prepare to close next week with August given as date to reopen.

My daughter has been sent home from her undergrad college and they are not returning until the Fall/Autumn semester.

The three week postponement is purely to give the head honchos thinking time, realistically no football will take place between now and September.
Even if we are passed the worst by July as seems to be the forecast, players still need a preseason of at least a month. Then the decision is do we close out this season or declare it null and void. My best guess is the latter, I don’t give a shit if the dippers do or don’t get it awarded them, it’s small beer.
What is of interest though is our appeal to CAS, this looks very unlikely to be settled before the summer, will UEFA take the opportunity to reverse out and reach a less damaging deal with City? Who knows.
What is also interesting is the debt leveraged clubs like our mates in Stretford, they rely on a steady stream of income to keep the club afloat, from what I have read they have no cash reserves, nor do the Glazers, it wouldn’t surprise me if they get new owners, maybe Shiekh Mansour could buy them and move them to Singapore.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.