Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Just reading up on the latest news.
This season is almost certain to be cancelled completely. (not delayed)
Clubs are already being asked what they would prefer in how this is dealt with.
West ham have declared it should be null and void for example.
It is impossible to give LiVARpool the title as they haven't mathematically done enough. Tough, but they haven't won it.
No relegations this year.
They are looking at maybe allowing promoted teams into an enlarged league, and having more relegation spots. (for one season)
This is to ease any hardships to those teams who should have been promoted.

They are now seriously considering if the new 20/21 season will be going ahead as planned.
Don’t see how the additional fixtures for the enlarged league will be accommodated unless they ditch the league cup This is what German are doing so I guess that’s why the idea is being floated

I'm afraid that after Pep Khaldoon will be the next who doesn't get the fans.

Real life is a bit more complicated. You'll be left disappointed if you believe that Khaldoon will behave like a fan from Bluemoon. He won't.

It's virtually a certainty that if all other PL clubs agree to award Liverpool the title, City won't try to spoil the consensus. Of course, we will seek assurances that the CL ban won't stand.
The champs league ban is not in the power of the pl to overturn

Don’t see how the additional fixtures for the enlarged league will be accommodated unless they ditch the league cup This is what German are doing so I guess that’s why the idea is being floated

Six more matches each.
The league cup is one option. Depends what the contract with the sponsor is.
Cancelling international friendlies is another option.
I assume that is what is being discussed at the moment.

If the league cup is scrapped, i doubt it will ever be back.

I'm afraid that after Pep Khaldoon will be the next who doesn't get the fans.

Real life is a bit more complicated. You'll be left disappointed if you believe that Khaldoon will behave like a fan from Bluemoon. He won't.

It's virtually a certainty that if all other PL clubs agree to award Liverpool the title, City won't try to spoil the consensus. Of course, we will seek assurances that the CL ban won't stand.

Well having the rest of the league agreeing with giving the title to Liverpool won’t happen

So, if we win the title 2020-21 then we have won three consecutive titles?...:)

That's all well and good mate, but for us to be considered a great team, we'd have to win it at least 4 times on the trot which I believe has never been done in English football..

Only then would we be considered in the same bracket as the famous dipper title winning teams of 2014, 2019 and 2020*..!

It's really hard not to laugh..!

Well having the rest of the league agreeing with giving the title to Liverpool won’t happen

I really cant see all clubs saying give it to a club that could still bottle the league, they have history of blowing leads

Ok I cant see them doing it but who knows ! If it was mathematically they would have more sway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.