Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Re the champions league situation, would we go straight through to the quarters from this position, or would they make us play the 2nd leg against Real?

Given the "lock down" just introduced into the UK how can football recommence any time soon?
Common sense is needed by every organisation - breach of contracts should not be a consideration, people's health is paramount and comprises should be negotiated wherever possible.
It can't recommence, no chance.

Fuck it, just give them the fucking title if it shuts all these pundits and spokespeople up, fucking sick of them all talking about it.

World's going tits up, virus ramping up, economies slowing down, folks' wellbeing and financial security taking a hit, and the fucking tragedy in all this is liverpool not getting the title! Can do with exposing less stupidity in society at a time like this, and if them getting it means that, fine by me.

(As long as they promise to not mention it again, rather than instead then keep going on daily about how they did really deserve it, etc etc.)

bigger bloody picture.

I’m in Western Australia and our football association just announced all our senior football is off and my boys junior football is canned until further notice all training, friendlies, pre season comps the lot...shit just got real

Anyone any idea what’s happening with your construction sites? I think we’ll be hit there soon too

It's all about money. Personally I would love to see a side affect of this shutdown be a collapse of both the Premier League and UEFA, who together have sold the soul of our game. It would be fantastic to see something fresh and more genuine arrive. Certainly some model that did not involve saturation TV coverage and that encouraged local fans to fill seats in the stadium.

With regard to this season I am convinced it will be declared null and void but they will delay this decision for months as the reality of lost TV revenue will be a bitter pill to swallow.

Hopefully football will eventually kick of again with a fresh model in around a year's time, but more realistically I'm thinking Aug 21.

Never going to happen, mate. Not in my opinion. In a way, you've answered your own question. The money involved is just too big. Far too big. This would be like asking Cosa Nostra to disband in the name of better social relations in Sicily.
And let's be absolutely honest. The clubs are in at the trough, too. Ours included.

I’m in Western Australia and our football association just announced all our senior football is off and my boys junior football is canned until further notice all training, friendlies, pre season comps the lot...shit just got real

Anyone any idea what’s happening with your construction sites? I think we’ll be hit there soon too
My best mate works in construction, so far, nothing's changed for him, but like everyone, he's waiting for
something coming down the line.

I'd put the filthy twats in isolation for 10 years, I know I'd immediately swing at anyone who did that to me.

In the street, you'd be right. On a PL football pitch, you'd be red-carded immediately (perhaps — perhaps — the other player, too) and you'd get a major bollocking from your manager, especially if your team then lost the match. You might be docked part of your salary, too.
It's just one of those filthy things that human beings sometimes do. Not condoning it. The only time I've been spat at (or towards) in my life was, funnily enough, by two United fans. Long time ago, but I never forgot it.

P.S. They also called me, with what they obviously thought was a piece of invective, “You fuckin Kippax kid!” I was quite chuffed, actually! Like getting your stripes in the army…(I never really was a Kippax kid, although I always stood there. I was never a genuine hard…)

At this point (I know this sounds knee jerk) does football really matter at all? I honestly couldn't give a fuck if I never saw us kick a ball again for a few years, Anyone who is still at the point where they are worried about their team not getting a trophy when people are dying daily because of this shit just need to get a bit of perspective in their lives.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.