Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

The peak of the virus is yet to happen,footballers and teams will be isolating,it is ridiculous to think we can finish this season in any kind of fair way

We never started it in a fair way, Karen, it continued in an unfair way, so I wouldn't be surprised if it concluded in the same manner in which it started. The only thing that matters now to most of the 'football family' is that the Dippers are awarded the title, whether fixtures are abandoned or the FA/PL come up with some ruse, sorry, plan, to completed sufficient games for them to feel that any shred of morality left in those two organisations can be manoeuvred into an omnibus ride starting on Anfield Road, scene of a recent coachwrecking spree, and Pee-er 'Ead.

At this point (I know this sounds knee jerk) does football really matter at all? I honestly couldn't give a fuck if I never saw us kick a ball again for a few years, Anyone who is still at the point where they are worried about their team not getting a trophy when people are dying daily because of this shit just need to get a bit of perspective in their lives.
Sounds more like common sense (a rare commodity in these days to my mind) rather than a knee jerk reaction. That said try arguing that point on social media or the comments section of any online media, you'll be swamped by dippers saying we're just being bitter. I've been blocked on Twitter by plenty despite being nothing but polite.

Can't anyone think of the dippers!!!

At this point (I know this sounds knee jerk) does football really matter at all? I honestly couldn't give a fuck if I never saw us kick a ball again for a few years, Anyone who is still at the point where they are worried about their team not getting a trophy when people are dying daily because of this shit just need to get a bit of perspective in their lives.
I agree. But there do seem to be a lot of people on here who are hugely agitated about the prospect a team getting a trophy. It works both ways

Last games will be played from August. Next Season will be play ten games 20 games, playing everyone plus one randomly drawn twice, every other team home or away, split league then 9 more games playing opposite fixtures. LC Semis neutral and no FA Cup replays, which will be a few weeks later to fit in earlier rounds.

Last games will be played from August. Next Season will be play ten games 20 games, playing everyone plus one randomly drawn twice, every other team home or away, split league then 9 more games playing opposite fixtures. LC Semis neutral and no FA Cup replays, which will be a few weeks later to fit in earlier rounds.
Get real

Money talks sadly....

I can see the games being played behind closed doors(in the prem)

9 games in a month is possible, maybe they will lockdown clubs,refs,families etc all together for a month then play all games the following month

Players and all involved agreeing to that is another matter.

Money talks sadly....

I can see the games being played behind closed doors(in the prem)

9 games in a month is possible, maybe they will lockdown clubs,refs,families etc all together for a month then play all games the following month

Players and all involved agreeing to that is another matter.

Don’t think there’s any chance of that happening.

Exactly, I will have zero interest if this season is to resume, even more so if they're played behind closed doors. Just fuck off this season, and see where we are July/ Aug for next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.