Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I'm afraid our club is persona non grata. Our modern day achievements have never REALLY been accepted, our style of play although superb at times , record breaking and sublime to watch BUT has labelled boring by jealous critics/pundits. Apart from Arsenal with the jokey 'boring' tag ,( yet still invincibles celebrated to this day) other clubs that have dominate are simply admired and credited with being 'class' . Even last year, it was Liverpool's style of play that was recognised . Granted they won the CL despite losing 4 matches on the way to the final but our Prem League win counted for fuck all and our players derided. Too easy to play well when you have all that money and good players around you . Despite recording very low foul counts and yellow cards , second only to the Dippers, our fouling is now pushed as 'tactical' . Any shit they can throw , they will. The establishment don't want us to do well. They want the old order restored and they will do anything for it to happen. Hack our computer system? Too old to do anything about it, Brick our coaches, couldn't identify anyone, FFP ? lets go again and fuck you over, CAS appeal let's get you banned in the meantime. VAR fantastic 'how many decisions do you want Liverpool? Points in the bag , Prem League just round the corner , along comes Covid 19 BOOM The scrabble to get them over the line is more sickening than Corona and the bodies they are stepping on in the makeshift morgues. Am i surprised our club and owner are not asked for an opinion? NO we are owned by 'oil rich rag heads' whose skin is probably a little too dark.
Pep - a truly first class human being, i weep for your fellow countrymen , wear that yellow ribbon with pride and fuck em

I dunno - we were getting plenty of plaudits in the 2017-18 season until some bitter twats in the media and elsewhere started sticking their oar in.

“Repeat itself?”
You only have to read our own history around the turn off the century and how the F.A,Aston villa etc basically tried to destroy our club because we wasn’t one of the ‘established elite’of the day and were considered ‘new money upstarts!’funded by a brewery .

a bit like today really !!

we beat them then , and we will do it again

CTID!

it’s all in Gary James’s excellent book’Manchester the City years

Yep. Even United weren’t part of the established elite back then either.

Which PL club(s) could cope with a huge drop in revenue if say this season was voided & next season was either cancelled or didn't start until early 2021? If the club say they won't play any games until Covid-19 has been eradicated and that they will legally challenge any attempt to do so then that is major leverage I'd say.

Not sure if this has been mentioned
But with the Etihad being used by the NHS, would City be able to restart the season until the entire stadium has been deep cleaned after the NHS are done and the NHS need it for how many months?

I can honestly say, three weeks without football so far and I haven't missed it half as much as I thought. Not sure if it's because we've something really major to all focus on, or that I was beginning to lose a bit of interest before Corona all kicked off. I think things will hit home when I realise that in another months time there will be no Cricket as well to compensate. Anyone else feel the same way?

Cricket could be extended until October

So batsman gets caught out , bloke catching has virus is asymptamatic, he catches it throws it to team mate, the throws it to another . He throws it back to the umpire .they go home and see the family !!

Surely it can’t be allowed ...

Am I missing something ?
The stupidity of sporting bodies or people wanting to restart sport asap

I'm afraid our club is persona non grata. Our modern day achievements have never REALLY been accepted, our style of play although superb at times , record breaking and sublime to watch BUT has labelled boring by jealous critics/pundits. Apart from Arsenal with the jokey 'boring' tag ,( yet still invincibles celebrated to this day) other clubs that have dominate are simply admired and credited with being 'class' . Even last year, it was Liverpool's style of play that was recognised . Granted they won the CL despite losing 4 matches on the way to the final but our Prem League win counted for fuck all and our players derided. Too easy to play well when you have all that money and good players around you . Despite recording very low foul counts and yellow cards , second only to the Dippers, our fouling is now pushed as 'tactical' . Any shit they can throw , they will. The establishment don't want us to do well. They want the old order restored and they will do anything for it to happen. Hack our computer system? Too old to do anything about it, Brick our coaches, couldn't identify anyone, FFP ? lets go again and fuck you over, CAS appeal let's get you banned in the meantime. VAR fantastic 'how many decisions do you want Liverpool? Points in the bag , Prem League just round the corner , along comes Covid 19 BOOM The scrabble to get them over the line is more sickening than Corona and the bodies they are stepping on in the makeshift morgues. Am i surprised our club and owner are not asked for an opinion? NO we are owned by 'oil rich rag heads' whose skin is probably a little too dark.
Pep - a truly first class human being, i weep for your fellow countrymen , wear that yellow ribbon with pride and fuck em
Fuck me I'm screenshotting this post, like doesn't justify it.
Absolutely nailed everything about us and the press there beautifully.
Like like like like like like like like like like.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.