Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

An Ear Nose and Throat Doctor has just died from the virus, I am assuming he caught in whilst treating a person already infected and yet our money grabbing bastards want to finish the season so they can keep the money rolling in. A doctor/husband/dad is now dead but we apparently need to decide who gets relegated.

What a fucked up game.

This season is finished. No debate about it. Its over.

I cannot see any benefit in "resuming it" in june, July, or whenever as all that would do would kybosh any chance of having a meaningful season next year. Why ruin two seasons when you only have to ruin one?

I find it grossly offensive now that the media, and the football authorities are so keen to somehow continue this season, even as thousands of people in this country and many more thousands around the world are dying of this virus.

This season is over. As distasteful as it might be for liverpool fc , they are not going to be champions this year. City are still reigning champions, as well as reigning fa cup holders, as well as reigning league cup holders, as well as reigning charity shield holders.

Let's make sure our loved ones are safe and well and they can come back to try and dethrone us next season.

This season is finished. No debate about it. Its over.

I cannot see any benefit in "resuming it" in june, July, or whenever as all that would do would kybosh any chance of having a meaningful season next year. Why ruin two seasons when you only have to ruin one?

I find it grossly offensive now that the media, and the football authorities are so keen to somehow continue this season, even as thousands of people in this country and many more thousands around the world are dying of this virus.

This season is over. As distasteful as it might be for liverpool fc , they are not going to be champions this year. City are still reigning champions, as well as reigning fa cup holders, as well as reigning league cup holders, as well as reigning charity shield holders.

Let's make sure our loved ones are safe and well and they can come back to try and dethrone us next season.

Its getting to be a embarrassment to be a football fan with all this talk about finishing the season.

I've never seen such a bigger pile of shite and yes, I'm including the Pearce era in my thinking.

The FA have finally been shown to everyone as the greedy cünts they are and they should be absolutely ashamed.

It's an upside down world, truly, when Ferdinand and Piers Morgan have the right idea and moral compass.

They think footballers are cash cows not living breathing people who have mothers and fathers, wives and children to consider they deserve to be protected from this virus in the same way as everyone is. How can playing behind closed doors be a viable option?
Just forget it for now there are far more important things going on right now.

They just don't get it do they ? The rules have been made quite clear re: social distancing & non-essential travel. Finding a way to bend the rules to finish the PL shouldn't come into it whilst the entire country is under these restrictions. Some families can't arrange proper funerals for their lost loved ones and these twats seem to be trying everything they can to maintain "the brand". It's a fecking disgrace.
Great point about the funerals

Clubs have inquired whether players are allowed to work in pairs on the training ground, with a quick turnaround so players are still isolated. However, there have been problems in obtaining medical insurance clearance for this method of training.

@TeleFootball

Players can't even train together but some twats think they can be put into a camp all together and play a contact sport

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.