Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Just a reminder

Senior #ManCity boardroom source: “Any suggestion we want the season cancelled is ludicrous. But the health of players, staff, fans and their families must be our priority. We won't play until it is clear that the Covid-19 threat has passed completely.”

Mullock

Medical officer said today up to six months,maybe longer

Clubs have inquired whether players are allowed to work in pairs on the training ground, with a quick turnaround so players are still isolated. However, there have been problems in obtaining medical insurance clearance for this method of training.

@TeleFootball

Players can't even train together but some twats think they can be put into a camp all together and play a contact sport

And how can you social distance

this isn't new,it was floated by a dipper a while ago,he is just riding on it,i don't think for a minute anyone with a brain cell wohld consider putting 100's of players and staff in boot camps this summer,even if clubs could field a team due to the virus,don't give him airtime,he has no idea what players want and we have said we won't put anyone in any risk until it is clear it is perfectly safe
Yeah, I believe it was Melissa Reddy who mentioned something similar the other day. It's a complete non-starter in my opinion.

Several medical bods saying the lockdown will go to mid june

Medical oficer in the press conference saying it wil be 6mths maybe more ,reviewed every 3 wks and gradual lifting of restrictions depending on data

I don't know why football won't just call it and concentrate on sorting out players and clubs that need help to not go under

Manchester will be at breaking point by the end of April.
The hospitals are slowly filling up. The Gmex will soon be up and running and that will fill too.

They must know what’s about to hit the country.
I will give them the benefit of the doubt and say it’s to curb public disorder and mass panic.

ceferin said yesterday if the season isn' t finished by end of june it will likely be lost
It looks like he's open to the idea of finishing this season at the start of next, delaying next season and having shorter competions. I suspect they would scrap things like the league cup and international games.

I still don't see how it's feasible even with a condensed season though, there's no way it'll be safe to play any football this summer. They are in complete denial.

Reddy and Delooney both coming with the same idea within a couple of days.
No quotes from clubs or players, just there deluded and insidious ramblings.
I wonder which club they’re behind?

it’s an offence to all those dying

football will eat itself

The lead leader can be awarded lead leaders shields like in real rugby, which would be an accurate accolade.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.