Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

True, way too much wine, way too much writing in haste. He has his view, I have mine. On verra...
I did suspect alcohol was a factor as l read my first posts of the day. I didnt take sides with either of you but l did think to myself your last couple of sentence were hardly closing argument in say an Oxford Union debate.;)
I understand 'On verra' but thought 'do one' might be Italian and pronounced 'Doh ownay'.
How are you on Greek? I try to learn and fail for every holiday but nothing to aim at for this year.

I give up. Do you want to hazard a guess how many other deaths there have been over the same period of time for other reasons. Also stop the grammatical nonsense, its via a mobile for goodness sake. Final point. I know it's a nightmare situation currently, and I hope everyone stays as safe as possible, but around midday tomorrow when the Americans wake up, I will have to fight tooth and nail to keep my employees and friends protected from redundancy.

Here’s what my late father told me. He served in WW2. Spent 5 years abroad in the Army in Egypt and Italy. He said he had a good war and he knew some that didn’t. He said he had laugh got fired at a couple of times and never saw any one killed in 5 years! He told me countless funny stories of him and his fellow soldiers.
He fixed guns and vehicles behind the front lines. He got flown home at the end of the war because his father died and spent final months in a army camp in the UK.
Millions died in World War Two. So because you don’t see it doesn’t mean it’s not happening.

UEFA are determined to press ahead with finishing the Champions League and Europa League but accept games may have to come after domestic seasons are completed. Mini tournaments could be played in August, with remaining games being played as one-off ties.
@MirrorFootball

Premier League clubs fear that the start of the 2020/21 season will be put back until mid-September at the earliest, with a five or six week delay to the original Aug 8th kick-off as the best-case scenario.

A tentative schedule outline would see league fixtures completed first, before cup competitions then being played. The hope is that the 19/20 season will come to an end in late-August or early-September, before a 7/14 day interlude ahead of the 20/21 season.
@ESPNFC

UEFA are determined to press ahead with finishing the Champions League and Europa League but accept games may have to come after domestic seasons are completed. Mini tournaments could be played in August, with remaining games being played as one-off ties.
@MirrorFootball

Premier League clubs fear that the start of the 2020/21 season will be put back until mid-September at the earliest, with a five or six week delay to the original Aug 8th kick-off as the best-case scenario.

A tentative schedule outline would see league fixtures completed first, before cup competitions then being played. The hope is that the 19/20 season will come to an end in late-August or early-September, before a 7/14 day interlude ahead of the 20/21 season.
@ESPNFC
Unfuckingbelievable.

A scientific adviser to the government says the UK must keep a "significant level" of social distancing until a vaccine for coronavirus is found .

Most commentators are saying that social distancing will be with us for a long time. Are the government going to allow the FA and PL to broadcast games even behind closed doors, to allow footballers paid tens of thousands of pounds to flaunt social distancing measures whilst the rest of us have to comply. Is the football business worth more than any other? If football is allowed to flout the rules can I do it to save my business?

True; too much wine, too much write in haste repent at leisure. Mea culpa and all that. He's a Covid sceptic, we'll see how that pans out.
Unique, strange, scary times for all of us. I've got fairly emotional at times over last few weeks,been wanting to rip some people's head off and hours later feel real pride in how complete strangers are helping people cope. I like the fact that you stepped back a bit. We're all in this shit storm together

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.