Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

We will have to wait and see what happens next, when the government let's us know what is going to happen next. My guess is that the lockdown will continue for another 4 weeks. Then it maybe lifted if we have got on top of this Covid 19 virus, but only in a limited way. If not the lockdown will continue again continue. I just don't see how you can play a game of football while still keeping that 2 metre distance.

With a meeting tomorrow of all clubs to decide when and if the season can be finished by the 30th June, The way I see it that is going to be a difficult to complete the season. All that is need, is for 1 of the players to be a carrier of the coronavirus, and not be showing any symptoms, and over the course of say just 2 games, this player could have passed it on to about 40 different people. Then we are back where we started with another lockdown.

If the decision to start is given the go ahead behind closed doors. How does that play fair to the fans, especially those who have paid for their season tickets. They will be denied the chance of supporting their team when they need them most. If they want to play it behind closed doors at say Wembley Stadium where are you going to put all the players and the staff of these clubs. Will they the Premier league leave enough time for the changing rooms to be deep cleaned after every game. Is the Premier League willing to do this. Is the Premier League also going to show every game, if not they will open themselves that certain games have been fixed. Will that be hard to prove yes, but if you throw enough of this mud some of it will certainly stick.

The best solution is to bring the season to a close and call it null and void. Then hopefully we will be able to start again next August. When the UK has got this coronavirus well under control. Then we can start to support our teams from their home stadiums again. I am quite sure that if the Premier league insist on finishing this season, and another outbreak occurs they the bosses of the Premier League will not be forgiven for insisting that the season 2019/20 has to be finished.

What I find amazing in this is that the rulebook on football published by the FA is the best part of 1000 pages long. It has nearly 50 chapters/sub chapters and God knows how many clauses within those. And at no stage over the 100 or so years that this rulebook has been established, amended and altered has anyone at any stage thought to put a line in saying 'should the league not be completed for whatever reason then it shall be decided by............'

Wow where do you start with this!! So I will confine my comments to a hope that your scaremongering about Covid morphing into a supercharged version of Ebola never comes to pass or we're really fucked.

Scaremongering?

I'd watch this, from 19.30 for a few minutes regarding my scaremongering if you cant spare the time to watch it all. If you do manage it all you'll notice some eerie similarities between now and Philadelphia in 1918. Not a precursor by any means.

For those who want to research the nature of Influenza Virus a bit further and why 1918 was so virulent (100 x more than a seasonal flu).

https://www.history.com/news/spanish-flu-second-wave-resurgence

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/reconstruction-1918-virus.html

The 1918 Pandemic started exactly the same way this one has.
I was quoting a fact from a previous pandemic - thats all.
I certainly don't wish it to happen now. If it did no doubt the naysayers who opine this is merely a seasonal flu will disappear like a fart in the wind.

I just get a little animated about those amongst us who think this pandemic and the required lock down is a fabricated overreaction by world governments.

George Santayana - "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.