Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

As I have serious medical issues I am staying in as much as possible. I won't even go out for the hour that I am allowed out. As quite a lot of fellow blues have said, STAYING ALIVE IS MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THEN ANY GAME OF FOOTBALL.

STAY SAFE AND WELL ALONG WITH OUR YOU FAMILY.
Like yourself, I have medical issues, and agree entirely with your comments.
I prefer to think of it this way:

uefa have for me have likely screwed Littlewoods over. They have forced the domestic competitions to the earliest point, which is in high risk of not happening due to the pandemic. If the league doesnt start by July its not getting completed. the leagues will take 5/6 weeks to complete minimum so they are in more danger of not happening than the domestic cups, as the FA Cup could be completed in a fraction of that time (week to 10 day’s). All while protecting UEFA Competitions (champs league/uefa league & Euro 2021) as much as possible. CL&EL Scheduled for August so no wiggle room for the leagues now. Plus UEFA demanding domestic leagues start 20/21 seasons by early Sept

theres a chance the league doesn't get completed but other things will. Can you imaging the scousers at that point! If City were then to win both the FA CUP & CL could you imagine the fallout! All speculation obvs right now but......
Football isn't important right now but that would potentially be one of the best things I'd never see.

Football isn't important but I can Deffo see the opposite happening. PL finishe , LFC awarded the title. FA cup, CL all cancelled.

Money talks and LFC winning the title is massive money for everyone. Which is why we're seeing this fubar tilt at having to finish the season despite the health and moral cost .

It's only a premier league title ffs. It just means you played the best over the entire season. Everybody accepts (in the league) that they were the best overall this season. Getting recognition and respect isn't enough for them.
Dippers being dippers want a trophy for everything. (even coming second etc)
Certain parts of their support really are twats. (They Want A Trophy Section)

If they are so far ahead of everybody else, then surely they must feel they will just win it next year instead, so what's their problem?
Or could it be with all the "assistance" in the world, including dropping early out of cups for two years, they still haven't fully proven they are in fact the best?

The simple fact is that there is no safe way of playing the remaining games (including Champs league and FA Cup)without cocking up next season.
There will be no safe way of playing games for a long time, meaning next season is already under threat.

Stupid ideas about mini tournaments behind closed doors just won't work.
A lot of players are not even in their playing countries. They have had no games time, and therefore not match fit.
I would imagine quite a few will be reluctant to take part until a vaccine is available.

The PL and FA/UEFA would be better spending their time trying to save the next season, rather than wasting time on something already dead...

Utter idiots to consider a single game until this killer infective pandemic recedes. Give anyone a title (yes even Leeds or fucking Sunderlsnd) if it just goes away!

I'm not in the insurance business, but would posit that none would be insuring against contracting Covid,y
whilst the virus is still killing people, and movement restrictions are still in force.
In fact, why I'm even writing this I don't know, the FA know all this full well, and are simply grasping twats.

I'm not into insurance either mate but like you, I'd be amazed if football clubs could get insurance cover for their multi million pound players to play a contact sport in the current climate whether behind closed doors or not..

If you think about it logically, all sporting events are currently cancelled with none having a fixed restart date..

Even golf, where players could play 18 holes and not have to come into contact with another sole, has closed down..

Football though is preparing to restart in a few weeks or so..!

Am I missing something?

Maybe they are all pushing for a restart as the season being deemed 'null and void' would have a devastating impact on the Media, SKY, BT and the like..!

Hope so..!

But what I dont get is why the press/media arent turning on the premier league and football. All this talk of behind closed doors, getting changed in cars and more bonkers ideas. The press/media should be having a field day showing up the premier league, FA, UEFA for what they are. Money grapping organisations that dont give a toss about us fans or in the players and staff of the clubs. They should be getting ripped to shreds by the press/media and yet in this country the sports press/media are so far up the premier league, fa arses it stinks form here. Football and the press/media in this country really do live in a different bubble than the rest of the UK

Totally agree. You can bet if City were to do anything morally wrong that would put peoples lives at risk we'd be front and centre being ripped to shreds saying how disgusting we were.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.