Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by berryblue, 9 Mar 2020.

1. Ancient Citizen

Ancient Citizen

I'm not in the insurance business, but would posit that none would be insuring against contracting Covid,
    whilst the virus is still killing people, and movement restrictions are still in force.
    In fact, why I'm even writing this I don't know, the FA know all this full well, and are simply grasping twats.

2. HarrytheBlue

HarrytheBlue

From what luminaries in the medical profession are saying, the number of deaths is way above the numbers we're being fed at the daily government briefings. Other economic powerhouse countries include non-hospital deaths in their numbers, but our government prefers to massage down the figures. Why ? Whether it's hospital only deaths or the true number of deaths in care homes etc, one set of figures is no scarier than the other - both are equally disastrous and tragic. Bill the Blue is so right - in restarting the season (if indeed that happens) the Prem are creating an unnecessary risk to players, their families, staff and NHS staff who may have to treat them - NHS staff who are running out of PPE and being told to re-use what they have. We don't have a vaccine and yet the suits are having conference calls about restarting the season. Those conference calls should be solely about 'How can we help the country ?'

3. HarrytheBlue

HarrytheBlue

You are so right my friend.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. denislawsbackheel

denislawsbackheel

KDB says he thinks he had the virus.

5. antspider

antspider

I think that if Liverpoo win the league with games to spare and there is still a virus threat in the “air” they wont risk the best players to the detriment of teams in relegation places or trying to get into Europe

Briggs1969 likes this.
  6. MillisleBlue

MillisleBlue

Should they have to bulldoze the corpses out of the way, the corporate greed running and ruining football will ensure they get their title and open-top bus parade.

Briggs1969 likes this.
  7. quiet_riot

quiet_riot

Team supported:
    City
    He caught it whilst locked down, but the PL think changing in your car will stop anyone getting it!

hahahahah

bellbuzzer likes this.
  8. blueinsa

blueinsa

Changing in your car..............

What next? half time oranges and a fucking fag?

9. Akpowell

Akpowell

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    Not only do the players need to be tested, what about everybody else backroom staff, security, media and anyone else that attends

10. Gray

Gray

I was just too stubborn to ever be governed
    Team supported:
    ABU & The Bus Wreckers
    Playing games behind closed doors is not what football is all about. Should not even be discussed by those who are supposed custodians of our game.

They should come out and clarify this ASAP, or just admit that the person who forks out thousands to actually attend matches is no where near the top of their list of priorities. When in actual fact we should be right at the top of the list, no fans = no games.