Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Can’t believe you left the Community Shield off our roll of honour!

Yes when the rags win it they call it a title and it's included in their honours. We were so good we actually won it outright by winning the league and fa cup, but gave Liverpool a chance and still beat them.

All pl games to be streamed to ticket holders apparently. But none to ko at 3pm. Don’t know if they’ll have time to implement that this weekend. Pub landlords to lose their license if they televise matches.

i think we need to keep the impact on the pl in perspective. I suspect that when next season kicks off there’ll be 30-40 fewer teams. Lots of players out of work. Other sports such as rugby league will be decimated.

I think this is definitely off. The only reason for the delay is that City have pleaded with the government to hold off announcing it, so they can give fans as little notice as possible.

Playing all games behind closed doors but still upholding the 3pm broadcasting ban seems a bit daft, given that the reason it exists is to protect lower league attendances. The PL will just cram all their games into the earlier and later slots (or move them to Sundays) so they can be televised.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.