Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Football can fuck off , and so can the Premier league et all...

May parents both have it , my mum seems to have gotten through the worst but my dad is still struggling ...

I lost my sister to cancer aged 27 , and a chance I may lose my dad too .....

It boils my piss that they think football is the most important thing to get restarted , it’s fucking pathetic and if it does re start I’m done with it and Will switch totally to NFL....

will always love City but this is a pile of wank

Great post , as for the players refusing to play , maybe little fatty Gordon Taylor at the PFA should earn some of his ridiculous pay packet and stand up for the players rights , the PFA should simply tell UEFA and the Premier league that the players are not willing to risk their lives to line UEFA's and others pockets.

Agreed. Interestingly, FIFPRO seem to be opposing the restarting of the leagues

Another point, football also needs to be careful to protect its image, because in my opinion, without the atmosphere and hyped up importance of absolutely every single game, the game has become a poor spectacle. Margins are so tight and the game is do fast paced, moments of absolute brilliance are rare enough and almost monopolized by the players at the top 3/4 clubs. The average premier league game is a shocking spectacle. Take away the sky dramatisation and the atmosphere and the veil falls away pretty quickly

Years ago, I might watch Villa v Southampton if it was on a Monday night. Not a fucking chance now
Very good point , a lot of it is hype & bullshit

Football can fuck off , and so can the Premier league et all...

May parents both have it , my mum seems to have gotten through the worst but my dad is still struggling ...

I lost my sister to cancer aged 27 , and a chance I may lose my dad too .....

It boils my piss that they think football is the most important thing to get restarted , it’s fucking pathetic and if it does re start I’m done with it and Will switch totally to NFL....

will always love City but this is a pile of wank

Sorry to hear that, pal. All the best.

Very good point , a lot of it is hype & bullshit
I don't think the game has ever been in a worse place. Over saturated, var farce. Dodgy decisions. Favouritism that isn't even hidden.

If they restart it could be the straw that broke the camels back.

Let it off. Let the appetite build again, wait until its safe and proper to let fans in to watch.

Another point, football also needs to be careful to protect its image, because in my opinion, without the atmosphere and hyped up importance of absolutely every single game, the game has become a poor spectacle. Margins are so tight and the game is do fast paced, moments of absolute brilliance are rare enough and almost monopolized by the players at the top 3/4 clubs. The average premier league game is a shocking spectacle. Take away the sky dramatisation and the atmosphere and the veil falls away pretty quickly

Years ago, I might watch Villa v Southampton if it was on a Monday night. Not a fucking chance now

This is important. The appetite for mid-table games has been declining for years (backed by research), but once Liverpool have won it a couple of games in, there really aren't many interesting fixtures left. A couple of relegation three pointers, a couple of big games for the final fourth spot, but there's a lot of dross played by unfit players who would prefer to be anywhere else.

I think that life for younger people who dont live with older family should return to normal life very quickly, we cant have young peoples lives being destroyed by no economy to protect people with conditions or many years behind them.

If Mrs Tbilisi and I are to isolate from society until whenever then so be it,I may not be able to go to City,pubs or even see my younger family members in person but if that is the cost then to me it has to be paid.

I say this as someone who is knocking on a bit and has been quietly shitting himself in fear of catching something the last few weeks despite working from home.

Do other people of my age (50s upwards) feel the same?

Last edited:
I don't mind if they just play 2 games to get the season 75% done and call it a day right there and then. Award a title, relegate whoever is in bottom 3. Payout and start again next year.

For me, I'll cancel Skysports and BT sport for a year and see if giving up live football does me some good in a years time.

I was speaking to someone today who, has an awareness of the thinking within government(I'm not sure I can be any vaguer than that!)and was told it was her belief that for the majority of those that can be working from home will be likely for the rest of the year.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.