Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I think that life for younger people who dont live with older family should return to normal life very quickly, we cant have young peoples lives being destroyed by no economy to protect people with conditions or many years behind them.

If Mrs Tbilisi and I are to isolate from society until whenever then so be it,I may not be able to go to City,pubs or even see my younger family members in person but if that is the cost then to me it has to be paid.

I say this as someone who is knocking on a bit and has been quietly shitting himself in fear of catching something the last few weeks despite working from home.

Do other people of my age (50s upwards) feel the same?
I’m not quite over 50, but I just posted on another thread that the thing that’s bothering me most at the moment is my kids aged 16,14 and 12 missing out on school, friends and sport. They are in a very low risk category, and we’re about to ruin a summer for them in what most of us would say was the best times of our lives. They haven’t complained, and they’re getting on with it, but they are suffering.

I think that life for younger people who dont live with older family should return to normal life very quickly, we cant have young peoples lives being destroyed by no economy to protect people with conditions or many years behind them.

If Mrs Tbilisi and I are to isolate from society until whenever then so be it,I may not be able to go to City,pubs or even see my younger family members in person but if that is the cost then to me it has to be paid.

I say this as someone who is knocking on a bit and has been quietly shitting himself in fear of catching something the last few weeks despite working from home.

Do other people of my age (50s upwards) feel the same?
Young people with mild or no symptoms are spreading it around though,until we find a way to test everyone nobody can get back to normal,this is not just killing old people it is also killing younger people

It makes me angry too. My brother has the virus and I was told if he died my family cannot attend the funeral as there are more than ten of us.Fortunately he is slowly recovering.Yet it will be ok for 22 players to get together in a penalty area from corners!
How do the poor people that couldn’t attend their loved ones funerals think about this?
Not only that, I have not read anywhere that relatives will get any help towards funeral costs.
Even NHS workers who died treating others have not had a penny offered by this government towards funeral costs.
The government and sporting bodies should hang their heads in shame if they allow games to go on.
The families are getting £60k for the death of a NHS worker, must have heard you

I’m not quite over 50, but I just posted on another thread that the thing that’s bothering me most at the moment is my kids aged 16,14 and 12 missing out on school, friends and sport. They are in a very low risk category, and we’re about to ruin a summer for them in what most of us would say was the best times of our lives. They haven’t complained, and they’re getting on with it, but they are suffering.
suffering?

Children were massively affected by World War Two. Nearly two million children were evacuated from their homes at the start of World War Two; children had to endure rationing, gas mask lessons, living with strangers etc. Children accounted for one in ten of the deaths during the Blitz of London from 1940 to 1941

You need to get your head around the fact that young people are still carriers,it is about protecting everybody from each other,are you really saying they will never get over having a fucked up summer?

Young people with mild or no symptoms are spreading it around though,until we find a way to test everyone nobody can get back to normal,this is not just killing old people it is also killing younger people

No easy way out Karen but its a mainly elderly killer.I think a crashed economy will kill far more people, in bad times like wars decisions that would not normally be made have to be.I just wonder if it could be done by age segregation, I dont want to be marooned in my house but if it meant my sons getting on with life I would take it.

I see Belarus are still playing, I wonder how many players and family members have become infected through playing and I wonder if UEFA/ European Leagues are secretly watching the effects for when they go behind closed doors?

No easy way out Karen but its a mainly elderly killer.I think a crashed economy will kill far more people, in bad times like wars decisions that would not normally be made have to be.I just wonder if it could be done by age segregation, I dont want to be marooned in my house but if it meant my sons getting on with life I would take it.

I see Belarus are still playing, I wonder how many players and family members have become infected through playing and I wonder if UEFA/ European Leagues are secretly watching the effects for when they go behind closed doors?
they may be watching the effects with one eye,the other eye on the cash pot,,TBH its quite disgusting that after watching the Dr Campbel video on how this may be affecting kids internal organs they still persist in bringing this to close

Doing what we have doing is saving lives,everyone will have to suck it up,it seems longer but it has only been five weeks,if you let the youngsters out,those who are at lesser chance of getting symptoms but are spreading it ,they will pass it on to someone else relatives as they won't all have parents like you who are willing to make them live somewhere else and/or not see them

At this point it is possible for the economy to bounce back once people are out spending again,what we do in the second ,maybe third phase if there a spike, will be more important imo

I really hope the idea of finishing the season is dropped,it only takes one player/manager /wife or kids of to end up in intensive care and the whole thing is off,it is reckless to let any contact sport go ahead ,the R number would shoot up and lockdown would be back

"Suffering" ? it's one summer, they'll likely have another 60 or 70 yet, you probably nearer 30 if you survive this, probably less likely if you let them get back to normal tomorrow.

It's tough for everyone, 5, 10, 20, 40, 60, or 90, it's one summer (hopefully).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.