Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

You have to cancel the season immediately.

A Juve player has it and likely spread it to team mates already.

An NBA player has it and even Tom Hanks and his wife caught it.

Now what do you do with the rest of the season.

I think a play off for winner, CL/EL spots and relegation spots is the most fair and logical thing to do. It’s the best of the worst.

I think the options open to them could be:

1 Try to get the City v arsenal and Sheffield v villa fixtures played behind closed doors so that all teams have played the same number of games and then freeze the standings

2 if that’s not possible base the league standings on average points per game.

I agree it will be very difficult for them to reach an agreement, because of vested interests, but the same also applies to declaring the season null and void. It will be whichever option can gain 14 votes.

I do get you mate, there will be 3 teams at the bottom who wouldn't vote for it I'm sure (it'd be similar to the Bury FC situation I guess) and a few at the top around the champions league spots maybe, the problem as I see it is more the bottom 3, we know from past experience plenty of them have thrown up random wins and runs to escape relegation, so there's no set pattern, I just don't see a 'pools panel' style option as reliable, it'd be pure guesswork really, same with the European spots, teams would argue in the unfairness of all that, and I can see their point, where as a null and void season is the only option I see as being equally fair to everyone, just my opinion though mate.

No, more likely when both the dipps have the numbers to win and the raggies reach 4th.
Watch carefully for one of their fixtures to be played early ;-)

Seems like a token gesture to a potentially very serious issue, it should be a total lock down if they're serious about trying to fully isolate imo.
Exactly. FA playing Russian Roulette with the spread of this awful virus. I posted earlier that the Government should make the call as, after all, it will be taxpayers money being spent to manage this. Sports bodies should not have a say imo

They'll wait till the scousers have mathematically won.

No, more likely when both the dipps have the numbers to win and the raggies reach 4th.
Watch carefully for one of their fixtures to be played early ;-)

Null n void, but I cant see that happening. If I was on of the 3 clubs fighting to stay up and having it play without fans it wont help them. The only fair thing is to scrap the season for all clubs.

This is bigger than the feelings of just one club from liverpool, lots fo clubs could be relegated or even go bust. Football needs fans. Null n void is the only fair way
Even if the Dippers were mathematically winners, I don't see how they could be crowned if all other spots were not played out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.