Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I cannot see the FA accepting "behind closed doors" for their semis and FA finals
at Wembley

Biggest joke going, not doing the pre match handshake and then playing a game of football. As you say, all that goes with it and helping up players off the floor etc. Complete contradiction to be digested by us who they think are stupid. Maybe we are.
Even behind closed doors there will be will a significant number of players, coaches and all sorts of hangers-on plus the tv people. A ground is a big place but many will be concentrated through the tunnel the sort of location that stopped our match taking place last night.

I think..
1. Announce Liverpool as winners and City as runners up
2. No relegation from PL
3. Promotion of top 2 from Championship (no playoffs)
4. Figure out CL spots later ... maybe playoff in the summer in Antartica.
Not for me bud. If you start impacting clubs who would miss out from your proposals, they would have a legitimate beef. Either cancel the lot or play it out to determine all places

Absolutely anything so THAT club gets a trophy for their 'outstanding season' (as quoted outrageously elsewhere)

Biggest joke going, not doing the pre match handshake and then playing a game of football. As you say, all that goes with it and helping up players off the floor etc. Complete contradiction to be digested by us who they think are stupid. Maybe we are.
I laughed last night at the "no handshake" routine, only to see players from each side hugging each other after the game

I do get you mate, there will be 3 teams at the bottom who wouldn't vote for it I'm sure (it'd be similar to the Bury FC situation I guess) and a few at the top around the champions league spots maybe, the problem as I see it is more the bottom 3, we know from past experience plenty of them have thrown up random wins and runs to escape relegation, so there's no set pattern, I just don't see a 'pools panel' style option as reliable, it'd be pure guesswork really, same with the European spots, teams would argue in the unfairness of all that, and I can see their point, where as a null and void season is the only option I see as being equally fair to everyone, just my opinion though mate.
A null and void season would mean no promotion which would be very unfair on the championship clubs. Clearly there is no ideal solution. When it comes to identifying the least worst option it could be that the mid table teams, unaffected by relegation or European qualification, would end up as “honest brokers”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.