Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

The Premier League have come out and said that all players will be tested before every game. The problem I see that if as most science says that it could take anywhere from 2 to 14 days to show any Covid19 symptoms. How can they say that they will test the players 2 days before. For all they know he could be carrying the Covid19 germ and not be showing any symptoms. Therefore he could have passed that on to all his teammates as well as all of his opponents, and that is still not counting all the officials and backroom staff from both clubs.

Therefore there could be anywhere from lets say each team has 40 staff in total that equals 80 + 4 officials. This gives you a total of 84 persons that have been infected. Even if you say that they only pass it onto 1 more person that already gives you a total of 168. Now all of a sudden you will end up with a second spike. Which maybe even more dangerous than the 1st spike.

The Government should just come out and say that all team sports will be cancelled until the 1st September. We will review it 2 weeks before to see if it can start on that date. That is it sorry Premier League.

Fred_Quimby Most certainly not. That after having got cancer 4 times. Which then all the chemotherapy drugs caused me heart problems. I will never put my life on the line except if that advice came from either 1 of my consultants or my own doctor.

I think with crickets 'Hundred' competition one of it's objects, apart from obviously the TV money, was to get bums on seats for a new audience for cricket. A closed stadium defeated the object and, since it's a new competition, a delay to next Summer would easily be the best outcome.

They were planning to show a lot of games on Free TV too not making much money that way - but it was meant to be a new T20 comp for 2020, which fell by the wayside when over changed, and it could end up like the Stanford backed EPL 10 year's earlier.

Qatar blue what I meant was that clubs insure their players against any injury/illness that will prevent them from playing. So that they will be covered, should they have to pay his wages while out injured or ill. With this Covid19 I am not so sure that the insurance will cover them against paying out his wages. They will have a get out clause somewhere in all that fine print. Therefore should they play while the 2metre distance is still on going. I just cannot se how any insurance company would pay out a single penny, if they are not following the Governments guide lines of staying 2meters. The only ones that know that is the club.
I am not so sure either, insurance is always fine print fraud. But why only the players? I mean absolutely no one (That I havae seen) is concerned for nthe managers, We have quite a few 50+ managers, Roy Hodgson is 72 for gods sake. Does he really HAVE to go to this circus?

What a fkin joke the whole things is

Give it to them, Id hate to win it that way. It’s hardly an Aguero moment, or Kompany smashing in a 30 yarder v Leicester. Then there’s Yaya bulldozing through Crystal Palace after the Demba Ba Slip or Jesus scoring one the dying seconds at Southampton to clinch a 100 points.
I like your thinking, they'd be almost robbed of the title even if they win* it.

The pic on that article at first glance looks like a scene on a Victorian Christmas card of a group of carol singers.
A closer look shows a gang of thugs with a possible incendiary device outside the Arkles traditionally used by away fans (and incidentally where all the dregs and leftover beer is resold to customers full of diseases).
And the caption for the photo is meaningless and totally irrelevant to the pic and says 'Liverpool lead the PL by 25 points'.

I am not so sure either, insurance is always fine print fraud. But why only the players? I mean absolutely no one (That I havae seen) is concerned for nthe managers, We have quite a few 50+ managers, Roy Hodgson is 72 for gods sake. Does he really HAVE to go to this circus?

What a fkin joke the whole things is

Good point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.