Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Good listen this even if you don’t like keys and gray or Jordan.

Oh my god, is that THE Simon Jordan? He's bang on the money plus I think he knows his onions as he's been there and done it owning a club.
I thought he was an absolute weapon but fuck me he's turned my opinion of him a full 180.

That was a really interesting discussion and he's said things straight from the hip, no bullshit and no filter, he's basically saying what we've said about the situation in that the press and sky have to keep football in the public domain and these stories from the press are fantasy.

I suggest people watch it, it's worth it.

I have not the slightest doubt that the FA and PL will, no matter what the state of play, number of deaths, level of testing, declare the situation SAFE, and football can return in a format no one ever contemplated - just so they can meet any contractual commitments, keep the income flowing, avoid mass bankruptcies, and reach a point in the season where they can at last legitimately 'crown' a title winner. And the £500 hoover can be brought out of its cupboard if there are any unintended consequences of such a decision, and a corner of the Axminster lifted. And the hoover returned to its closet.

3 confirmed cases within Cologne FC. Doesn't say who they are, staff or players but it does confirm what we all know and that is football is not and never can be safe as its impossible to adhere to social distancing rules.

The social distance rule is gonna be relaxed. I expect that the PL are putting forward the notion of minus ten millimetres - it enables a journeyman pro to bury his studs in Raheem's thigh!

‘Holed up’ ?
They’re not cattle, they are human beings with families who are probably anxious about going to the supermarket, never mind flying halfway around the world for a bit of entertainment !
Good luck with persuading a footballer
to go and play in China!
I was referring to 3 weeks to finish the Champions League. To a footballer, one hotel is pretty much like any other. Manchester is like a shanty town compared to Shanghai. China isn't happening for political reasons, but you could easily move the CL to a safe environment and finish the competition. It would take 3 weeks max.

Players are forever holed up. Whether at the Etihad for match-day or in a hotel for the European championships.

3 confirmed cases within Cologne FC. Doesn't say who they are, staff or players but it does confirm what we all know and that is football is not and never can be safe as its impossible to adhere to social distancing rules.
It would be safe for players if it was a closed environment when they knew all he other players were isolated and tested but you can only keep that up for a very limited time.

I was referring to 3 weeks to finish the Champions League. To a footballer, one hotel is pretty much like any other. Manchester is like a shanty town compared to Shanghai. China isn't happening for political reasons, but you could easily move the CL to a safe environment and finish the competition. It would take 3 weeks max.

Players are forever holed up. Whether at the Etihad for match-day or in a hotel for the European championships.

And which "safe haven" would welcome foreigners from Coronavirus infested countries into their country - sounds a great idea Marv

Are the players happy with this

Are the managers? Roy Hodgson at 72 - he is ok with this ? And the other managers in the late 50s?

What happens if one person involved in this circus gets corona? End it? Continue it? Or is all of this happening just for the 2 games LFC and the PL need?

So many questions not being asked.

Just give the title to LFC, it's quickly becoming a blood money title

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.