Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Sorry if posted on here already.

is it possible the FA are waiting for the gov to say no more football ? Will this trigger some kind of compensation / insurance package ?

If the FA say it’s over then is it financially on them ?

something seems off here. The FA must clearly see a major backlash from supporters if the season continues & the country. It is clearly not safe to play or is it showing any respect to those dealing with this virus be it medically or struggling financially.

Is it possible we are watching some political game play out between the gov & FA ? I have not heard anything from gov re football only the FA making assumptions & lots of talks
agreed. It is all quite distastful and THEY know it, yet they're continuing despite the image damage. I too think there's a load of political crap going on bcd, mexican standoff with no one wanting to take on the the accountability for calling it off.

Three players at Cologne FC have tested positive and this is in a country that has controlled the virus much better than the UK. There will be lots of players in the UK that will test positive , the PL is dilluded if they think they can even start games safely.

I get back in from work this morning and I see the BBC etc are still forcing ‘let’s get the PL finished’ malarkey.
Unbelievable.
People are still dying you stupid cnuts.
If others have already decided that the game in their country is done for the season, we need to be doing the same. For the sake of everyone’s safety. There is now way on earth that you will stop the buffoons of society crowding around and watching games on tv or having massive BBQs.
If we don’t beat this virus down NOW, it will come back with a vengeance.

If the Premier league take the decision to null & void then Sky and others will take them to the cleaners , if the government instruct the Premier league to forget re-starting the season for the next few months then they have a valid reason not to give Sky back f*ck all , because its out of their hands.

The PL are just throwing out crazy ideas to complete the season so they can prove they did all they can to re-start , its just about the money This season isnt re-starting and it was never a possibility, and that's a real shame for us because we had more to lose than the Dippers.

There’s no way that the season is going to be played out. I’m surprised it’s still up for debate. It won’t even restart realistically and I’m not even sure if next season will go ahead as planned. I think some people are being very optimistic thinking that this will have blown over by June/July.

They’ll most likely call it off and base it on PPG, giving the title to the dippers and the last CL spot to the rags. They won’t relegate anyone but promote two teams and scrap the league cup. That way the bottom three won’t sue them. The only clubs that could really challenge their decision are Sheffield and Wolves.

It will be interesting to see how things pan out in France as apparently Lyon are considering appealing against the decision to declare the standings final based on PPG.

I’m biased but I think null and void is the only logical and fair way of going about it; how can you declare a champion and promote/relegate teams with over a quarter of the season left to go still? Puts teams with an easier run in at a disadvantage. If this had happened at the same time the season before Leicester won the league they would’ve got relegated.
There is no way they will have 22 teams in the premier league.

Do you really think premier league owners will want tv money distributed between 22 clubs instead of 20? That will mean less income from tv deals per club.
Plus the championship is two teams down, does that mean just promoting 2 from league one instead of 3? You can't just promote teams to the premier league, you have to do it all down the pyramid.

Null and void all leagues and start again next season.

Simon Jordan alluded to it on a vid posted on here, all this talk of what to do with the leagues is just fantasy, it's purely to keep football in the news and keep people interested, keep the momentum going.

He also said utd are losing money hand over fist, over 500m in debt and paying 30m a season to service it, this covid could see them lose over 200m in income and they have a monthly wage bill of 20 odd million AND players wages due to increase next season.

Clubs are in deep shit.

Last edited:
There is no way they will have 22 teams in the premier league.

Do you really think premier league owners will want tv money distributed between 22 clubs instead of 20? That will mean less income from tv deals per club.
Plus the championship is two teams down, does that mean just promoting 2 from league one instead of 3? You can't just promote teams to the premier league, you have to do it all down the pyramid.

Null and void all leagues and start again next season.

Said it weeks ago it’s time to revamp the leagues have a premier 1 and 2 18 teams in both have regional leagues like they used to also they might not be 91 pro clubs in 12 months.

This talk of null n void which agree with but I dont get the promotion of two from the championship. Wont a third place team kick up as it should be 3 up 3 down ?. If 2 are promoted doesnt that mean that when a new season starts 5 will get relegated. Could make the relegation battle more exciting than the top of the league !

The social distance rule is gonna be relaxed. I expect that the PL are putting forward the notion of minus ten millimetres - it enables a journeyman pro to bury his studs in Raheem's thigh!
That could be very easily monitored by the VAR wallah and his special bit of kit used to increase or decrease distances to get the required decision in offsides

It’s only about the money and protecting the jobs, and the companies who pay them, of those who are In the industry which is why majority of journos (mostly those who know nothing but football) are chomping at the bit for the Prem to restart... otherwise they’re out of a job

am sure this has been mentioned repeatedly before

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.