Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I don't like the idea of behind closed doors matches but the alternative may be even more unpalatable. It seems clear from what all the experts are saying here and abroad that sporting events with crowds in attendance will not be possible until we have a vaccine. That would mean no football at all for at least 12 to 18 months (and possibly longer)

A scientific adviser to the government says the UK must keep a "significant level" of social distancing until a vaccine for coronavirus is found .

Most commentators are saying that social distancing will be with us for a long time. Are the government going to allow the FA and PL to broadcast games even behind closed doors, to allow footballers paid tens of thousands of pounds to flaunt social distancing measures whilst the rest of us have to comply. Is the football business worth more than any other? If football is allowed to flout the rules can I do it to save my business?
You never know they might bring a no tackling rule in and put lines on the pitch like they do at the supermarkets!:))

A scientific adviser to the government says the UK must keep a "significant level" of social distancing until a vaccine for coronavirus is found .

Most commentators are saying that social distancing will be with us for a long time. Are the government going to allow the FA and PL to broadcast games even behind closed doors, to allow footballers paid tens of thousands of pounds to flaunt social distancing measures whilst the rest of us have to comply. Is the football business worth more than any other? If football is allowed to flout the rules can I do it to save my business?

Do it, they would have set a precedent

Exactly, the greed and arrogance knows no bounds. The answer to your question seems to be yes - as far as sky and the fa are concerned the football business is worth more than any other and finishing the league seems to be on a par with finding a vaccine.

I don't like the idea of behind closed doors matches but the alternative may be even more unpalatable. It seems clear from what all the experts are saying here and abroad that sporting events with crowds in attendance will not be possible until we have a vaccine. That would mean no football at all for at least 12 to 18 months (and possibly longer)
So be it. Football isn't the same behind closed doors. Rather have no football than faux football mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.