Corrupt Officiating Within the English game

How many times did the ginger pig's hatchet tackles - a yellow card for practically any other player - simply get laughed away by refs and pundits alike?

"(Snigger) Look at good ol' scholsey there, could have took his shin off, but it's not his fault, he can't tackle don't you know"
"(Snigger) I think he knows exactly what he's doing. He's just left a 'bit in' on the player there. Nothing wrong with that."

Bogbrush head should be a fucking pariah of the game the amount of times he smashes some poor **** in the face with his elbows, but like 'good ol' scholsey', because they play for your shitty fucking shirt, it's simply ignored time and again.

How many times have you watched him do this and thought, hand on heart, that should be yellow or red?
Let us not forget wigan away.....

Rags needed to win to secure the title.The ginger pig takes out a player wuith a dangerously high tackle. Steve Bennett waves his finger at him rather than give him a red, he then goes onto to score the winner.

You had a point on the first part but then it seemed like you started to go off on a tangent and use it as an excuse to call us 'rags' everything but a child of God so I'm no longer going to engage in a discussion with you.

If I'm not mistaken ( and somebody will surely correct me on this ) the term " rag " originated many years ago from your own fans who were describing the state of the shirts worn by your players, due to a lack of money to replace them .

But United97 suggests that you don't go back that far .

I originally watched both City and United starting in 1954 , when the fans of United weren't arrogant or had the feeling of entitlement that the current " supporters " possess.

Bringing up the Scholes thing was irrelevant as I was talking about referees and you're talking about the commentators. He is the third most booked pl player of all time so evidently it was just the commentators that didn't have a problem with his tackling. I will address your point anyway.

With Scholes I think the commentators downplayed his tackling because of who he was rather than the club he played for. Widely considered one of the best players in the league's history, liked by everyone because he was never controversial, never in the spotlight, seemed a genuine, level-headed guy, in addition to the fact that he is English.

I 100% agree that Fellaini does get away with elbow challenges a lot and 9/10 when he plays I think he is a walking red card but things like elbowing and shirt pulling I usually take with a pinch of salt cos referees always seem to miss that, not just with our players.

Read my post again and you'll see I placed 'refs' before 'commentators.' The number of times a foul was given rather than a yellow (without even a comment by the ref) was unbelievable, and this is why I included the refs in 'laughing off' his assaults on players. You also state that he was the 'third most booked player', but I would suggest that this was because the majority of these bookings came in the final 20 minutes of a game, after several 'hatchet tackles' had already been let go early on. If the refs had done their job then the little **** would have been booked in the first 15 minutes of most games, thus preventing him continuing to target players with impunity for the following 60 to 70 odd fucking minutes. And to state that this leniency was because he was 'English' and 'liked by everyone' is just utter bollocks; most pundits and fans think Fellaini is fucking dog-shit, yet he is treated with the same kid-gloves as the ginger pig was. And of course you take the ref's ignoring his attacks on other players with a pinch of salt. Why wouldn't you? However, in my mind it just seems strange that refs didn't ignore much minor infringements from players like Balotelli and Bellamy. They couldn't wait to get the yellow cards out then.

Refs don't miss his elbows; they ignore them. They do this because of the club he plays for, and if you happened to sign Shawcross in the summer then he'd become the new 'honest, hard-tackling' player in a red shirt and refs would turn a blind eye, as they historically did for the ginger pig and as they presently do for the lanky, microphone-headed fucker that is Fellaini.

Why the fuck should we CITY fans on a CITY forum jump through hoops to try and satisfy the requests of rags to explain/evidence that the scum have had preferential treatment to levels of the scale for many years. We know that is the case and do not need the benefit of the 'approval/agreement' of their entitled followers to make us feel happy that we are not 'misjudging' the poor lambs.

We have seen it with our own eyes for years

If I'm not mistaken ( and somebody will surely correct me on this ) the term " rag " originated many years ago from your own fans who were describing the state of the shirts worn by your players, due to a lack of money to replace them .

But United97 suggests that you don't go back that far .

I originally watched both City and United starting in 1954 , when the fans of United weren't arrogant or had the feeling of entitlement that the current " supporters " possess.

Yes I know the history of the word and I don't understand why you're using it 60+ years later.

Read my post again and you'll see I placed 'refs' before 'commentators.' The number of times a foul was given rather than a yellow (without even a comment by the ref) was unbelievable, and this is why I included the refs in 'laughing off' his assaults on players. You also state that he was the 'third most booked player', but I would suggest that this was because the majority of these bookings came in the final 20 minutes of a game, after several 'hatchet tackles' had already been let go early on. If the refs had done their job then the little **** would have been booked in the first 15 minutes of most games, thus preventing him continuing to target players with impunity for the following 60 to 70 odd fucking minutes. And to state that this leniency was because he was 'English' and 'liked by everyone' is just utter bollocks; most pundits and fans think Fellaini is fucking dog-shit, yet he is treated with the same kid-gloves as the ginger pig was. And of course you take the ref's ignoring his attacks on other players with a pinch of salt. Why wouldn't you? However, in my mind it just seems strange that refs didn't ignore much minor infringements from players like Balotelli and Bellamy. They couldn't wait to get the yellow cards out then.

Refs don't miss his elbows; they ignore them. They do this because of the club he plays for, and if you happened to sign Shawcross in the summer then he'd become the new 'honest, hard-tackling' player in a red shirt and refs would turn a blind eye, as they historically did for the ginger pig and as they presently do for the lanky, microphone-headed fucker that is Fellaini.

I was talking about leniency from the commentators not the refs and when I mentioned elbows/shirt pulling etc. being missed by the refs I was talking about in general. C'mon, look how many times in any match between any two teams you see shirt pulling and elbowing, especially by defenders against attackers in the penalty area, go unpunished.

Anyway, I have opened up a can of worms with this subject. I tried to have a genuine debate but you lot can't talk about united without throwing around childish insults; everything is rags this rags that shitty club this scum that. It's boring and for that reason I'm no longer going to talk about this matter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.