Corruption in English football?

All who get paid performance bonuses? If you mean the referees, then what are the bonuses based upon? When I received performance related bonuses, they were based on me achieving a set of pre-determined and agreed targets. I would expect it to be the same for referees.

Here are two sets of possible referee objectives:

Set A.
1. Less than 10% absence during the playing season due to injury.
2. Achieve monthly fitness targets.
3. Achieve upper quartile in match performance assessment grades.
4. Deliver LOTG training to at least ten professional football academies.
5. Show thorough knowledge of the LOTG and achieve 90% or higher in all refresher examinations.

Set B.
1. Positively influence games that will contribute to PL key objectives of rotating PL winners.
2. Positively influence games to ensure multiple winners of trophies during the season.
3. Issue cautions and dismissals that are likely to impact PL objectives.
4. Achieve an average of 50% or higher in referee assessment grades.
5. Manage games to ensure a maximum of one dismissal per game.

Could any of the objectives in either set be used to performance test a referee over a season? I doubt if any in set B will ever be used.

Bonuses doesn't necessarily mean corruption.

A3 covers off the requirements in B.

for example I imagine Oliver got a good performance assessment by his Pigmol assessor despite clearly refereeing the game differently for both teams.

I accept the thread title states English football but have a look at the Var thread Ghana v South Africa.

It looks soooo bent it is has to be legit. No one taking a bung would make it that obvious.....would they ? Well look at some of the decisions given in our league. The rag penalty last season when fernandez stood on a players foot or Phil not getting a penalty because ergh he got up again

As bad as that petulant bit of cuntery from Ronaldo was, I’m simply not going to get over that no yellow to Milner. There have been plenty of awful calls but I’m never forgetting that one. Either cowardice, incompetence or corruption on an epic scale. Paul Tierney should never referee in this league again. Period.
That decision probably ensured a worthwhile year end bonus.

It's all about the £££££
The biggest TV rights deal with the USA will be revealed today. NBC/CBS/ESPN bidding.

Fenway Sports Group have links to ESPN.

Should they win the bid will the dippers be the chosen ones again?

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.