Corruption in English football?

I'm posting this here rather than the Var thread.
In relation to the arsenal v Brentford match and the controversial Var decision, this is how it is written in the Telegraph...
'Chris Foy, a former top flight referee, was in the Premier Leagues match centre at Stockley Park'

The Var official was Lee Mason so why was Foy there? Foy has a column in the Mail on Sunday and in that he has explained his version of the mistake and what Mason did wrong. My point is, the only people who should be in that var room are match appointed officials. How many others wander in ? How many others can have an input into a decision ?
This is how corruption works, there is no integrity at Stockley Park. We do not know who is there or how decisions are made.

Barcelona are/were paying, off the books, a company owned by a referee millions. No one bats an eyelid. It seems it is just one of those things. If it can happen in Spain, why not here?
Why are some so blind, do they not want it to be true?

I'm posting this here rather than the Var thread.
In relation to the arsenal v Brentford match and the controversial Var decision, this is how it is written in the Telegraph...
'Chris Foy, a former top flight referee, was in the Premier Leagues match centre at Stockley Park'

The Var official was Lee Mason so why was Foy there? Foy has a column in the Mail on Sunday and in that he has explained his version of the mistake and what Mason did wrong. My point is, the only people who should be in that var room are match appointed officials. How many others wander in ? How many others can have an input into a decision ?
This is how corruption works, there is no integrity at Stockley Park. We do not know who is there or how decisions are made.

I don’t know the set up but I would imagine the “Match centre” is a decent sized building. There’s got to be a least 10 VAR rooms I’d have thought, if only for the last day of the season. Probably admin rooms, equipment rooms and a canteen more than likely.

Been in the match centre isn’t the same as been in an actual VAR room whilst a match is in progress.

I’m fact, I can’t remember where I read it now. But I’m pretty sure I saw somewhere that anyone bar the official VAR team for a particular game are strictly prohibited from being in the room during a game.

I don’t know the set up but I would imagine the “Match centre” is a decent sized building. There’s got to be a least 10 VAR rooms I’d have thought, if only for the last day of the season. Probably admin rooms, equipment rooms and a canteen more than likely.

Been in the match centre isn’t the same as been in an actual VAR room whilst a match is in progress.

I’m fact, I can’t remember where I read it now. But I’m pretty sure I saw somewhere that anyone bar the official VAR team for a particular game are strictly prohibited from being in the room during a game.
@Stephen230 cheers for a sensible reply as I know I do go off on one. Richard the Ref put me right about a match commander once when I was giving a rant. As you say, he is probably just in the main building and not in the actual room interfering.

Damn another conspiracy theory de-bunked :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.