Could this be the end of Pompy? (merged)

Re: What happens if (when) Pompey go bust....

cleavers said:
goat boy said:
If the club is wound up, there will only be two relegation spots- as there are 3 promotion places to be won in the Championship. Theres no sense making whichever promotion candidate suffer by reducing it to two places, is there?

But if 3 were still to go down, we'd need 4 to come up not 2, I can see that appealing to the championship.

They'd be chuffed to bits, no doubt. I propose that you be in charge of introducing the idea to anyone connected to the 17th placed PL side in May, though- hope you're alright dealing with angry people! ;)

If Portsmouth fail, it won't be neccesary to disturb the Championship promotion fight in any way, you'll still get 20 PL clubs next season. What the Championship/ FA decide to do with one less side competing next season would be up to them I guess- perhaps they'd go to 23 teams and then invite one extra promotion place from League 1 in time for 2011/12, and so on down the pyramid?

Re: Could this be the end of Pompy?

danburge82 said:
If so we'll be docked 6 points! Liverpool will lose none!

I found this online of how the table would look if Pompey go bang:

This is how the Premier League table as of 10-02-10 would look if Portsmouth went out of business:
PLD GD PTS
Chelsea 24 39 55
Rags 23 33 50
Liverpool 24 19 44
Arsenal 23 24 43
Tottenham 24 19 40
City 22 12 38
Aston Villa 23 11 38
Birmingham 23 -1 34
Everton 23 -3 29
Fulham 24 -2 28
Stoke 23 -5 27
Blackburn 24 -20 25
Sunderland 23 -10 24
Wigan 23 -19 24
Burnley 24 -23 23
Hull 24 -25 23
Wolves 23 -21 21
Bolton 23 -18 19
West Ham 22 -12 17

Sauce: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Portsmouth-winding-up-order-How-the-Premier-League-table-would-look-if-Pompey-went-bust-Liverpool-would-go-third-and-West-Ham-would-be-bottom-article319595.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Po ... 19595.html</a>

I heard today that FIFA are gonna 'Look Favourably' on Pompey's request to sell Players outside the Transfer Window to pay their bills. And that the Premier League will give the Final Ruling.

Now if this was to happen would it set a dangerous precedent? ie: If Portsmouth were to go into administration then in the PL that would mean a 9 Point deduction and almost certain Relegation.

However if they were allowed to sell Players now would their Relegation Rivals complain that Portsmouth had an Unfair Advantage. Especially if they do stay up.

Sad to see

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.