Could this be the end of Pompy? (merged)

Re: Sounds mad but.......

Dannyctid said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
belhadj is so so

Didn't we have him on trial once? Or am I getting confused.

Think you ARE getting confused. :o)

I reckon you are thinking of Djamel Belmadi rather than the Belhadj at Pompey.

DTeacher said:
Dannyctid said:
Didn't we have him on trial once? Or am I getting confused.

Think you ARE getting confused. :o)

I reckon you are thinking of Djamel Belmadi rather than the Belhadj at Pompey.
Lol, similar although wouldnt that make him about 50.

Re: What happens if (when) Pompey go bust....

goat boy said:
If the club is wound up, there will only be two relegation spots- as there are 3 promotion places to be won in the Championship. Theres no sense making whichever promotion candidate suffer by reducing it to two places, is there?

But if 3 were still to go down, we'd need 4 to come up not 2, I can see that appealing to the championship.

Freestyler said:
I actually think if the Premiership say, right teams will lose points, i think we'll give them some money.

Their "chairman" is still the idiot that was involved with ADUG at the start, whats the betting he has a very large stash down the back of the sofa, if and when it looks like teams (well one in particular) might lose points ?

CITY FOR LIFE said:
Sky Sports News understands that Portsmouth have asked the Premier League if they can sell players outside the transfer window.

Pompey's crippling financial problems have been well documented this season and they handed over a statement of their affairs to the High Court on Wednesday.

Can't they get Terry to do that?!

Why would the Sheik spend £200m in an attempt to get to the CL, and let it slip by for the sake of £20m?

I would hope that he had the sense to realise that a tax free, no interest, long term loan would be more than worth it in future commercial revenue, in rebuilding his image after the debacle that was Al-Fahim and his 'We will buy Ronaldo' rants, and in FIFA kudos. Hell, we will basically be buying the right to every good Pompey player in the future, as who would turn us down after that?

Damocles said:
Why would the Sheik spend £200m in an attempt to get to the CL, and let it slip by for the sake of £20m?

I would hope that he had the sense to realise that a tax free, no interest, long term loan would be more than worth it in future commercial revenue, in rebuilding his image after the debacle that was Al-Fahim and his 'We will buy Ronaldo' rants, and in FIFA kudos. Hell, we will basically be buying the right to every good Pompey player in the future, as who would turn us down after that?

i brought this debate uo, but got lost in here, cause it was merged.

Damocles said:

Al-Fahim is still their "chairman", as I said I think he'll suddenly find a bit of a stash down the back of his sofa.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.